Moviedweeb

Movies you have cried during

I'm glad people mentioned the forest scene in DH2...I started tearing up when Sirius pointed to Harry's heart. I soon cried when Harry looked at his mom and said, "Stay with me." Rowling said it perfectly..."Harry is so much in search of a father, yet in times of real stress, it's his mother that's a place of refuge."

I don't like GoF overall as a film, but it has possibly the most heartwrenching scene in the entire series when Cedric's father sobs over his son's dead body. That really hit me.

One moment I don't think anyone has mentioned even in the Potter forums, but it really got to me....was when we see Lavender's dead body. The music was so epic.

As a Potter head, have you ever done a Potter binge with the 8 movies in a row ?

I dont usually get that emotional watching films but these really gave me wet eyes.

T2's ending.

Forrest Gump

Titanic of cause.

Avatar's ending, when Neytiri saved Jake and held him in her arm, the emotion level is too high. It was actually the first true encounter of them because that was the real human body of Jake. After all the hate, doubt, love and an epic life-and-death battle, it was actually the first time that Jake was able to see Netyri through his own eyes and touch Neytiri's face by his own hands, and Neytiri saw the man she loved in his true form. They've been through so much before together, yet they met each other for the first time. And what a beautiful and believable portray that instead of cheers and tons of words that a normal film-maker would do at that scene, Jake and Neytiri just let their joyness spread out in silent tears, and "I see you". I see brillient writing and directing right there at that scene.

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 2

Elephant Man. If you didn't cry at the end as Samuel Barber's Adagio swells its haunting beauty and John Merrick lays down for the first and very last time of his life, you're a robot.

Tree Of Life. Universe shots with Zbigniew Preisner's Lacrimosa 2 as the soundtrack. A tear rolled down my eye, I was like Hugh Jackman in The Fountain marveling at the beauty of the greater universe. Joyful tears.

AI. Oh man, that scene when David is abandoned by his mother, I was fighting against my tears to not burst. The flesh fair scene as robots are getting torn apart, I was choking from disgust at the roaring crowd entitlement to destruction and nastiness as a spectacle. Show you how compassionate human mind can be projecting human feelings like empathy on robots and the power of the uncanny valley. And the end, when you realize David is the only one memorabilia left of what manking used to be.  :(  His very last moment when he is cuddled by the virtual recreation of his lost beloved mother so he can finally rest in peace...I was shedding tears. Spielberg is known for being sentimental but there is a lot of bittersweetness to that ending that always got me heartwrenched. Don't care if that movie is hated, it's one heartbreaking Pinocchio reinterpretation journey.

Full Metal Jacket. The constant bullying and humiliation of D'Onofrio character quite choke me up and sent chill down my spine so when he finally broke down and went insane, I was pretty shocked the first time I saw it.

Avatar. Home tree falling, didn't expect it at all. Neytiri meeting crippled Jake for the first time finally giving the meaning of "I see you". My eyes were wet.

Titanic. The moment during the sinking when the music swells and the camera do a travelling along the deck as panic and the horrifying fatality of the ending hits you right in the face. The apocalyptical aspect slaps you and of course the quatuor playing until the end.

Toy Story 2 & 3. Well you know which parts.

Children Of Men. The surreal scene when time seems to stand still, people stop fighting being in awe of seeing a newborn.

Grave Of The Fireflies. That movie is a tearjerker right from the beginning until the end.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

I dont usually get that emotional watching films but these really gave me wet eyes.T2's ending.Forrest GumpTitanic of cause.Avatar's ending, when Neytiri saved Jake and held him in her arm, the emotion level is too high. It was actually the first true encounter of them because that was the real human body of Jake. After all the hate, doubt, love and an epic life-and-death battle, it was actually the first time that Jake was able to see Netyri through his own eyes and touch Neytiri's face by his own hands, and Neytiri saw the man she loved in his true form. They've been through so much before together, yet they met each other for the first time. And what a beautiful and believable portray that instead of cheers and tons of words that a normal film-maker would do at that scene, Jake and Neytiri just let their joyness spread out in silent tears, and "I see you". I see brillient writing and directing right there at that scene.

It is indeed a beautiful moment, and something that shows Cameron's brilliant storytelling skills. He knew that the moment would be a powerful one due to the fact that the lovers were indeed seeing each other as they truly were for the first time. LOL Get redy for Sponghmple (or whatever his screenname is) to rake you over the coals for calling Cameron's 'trite, crappy, derivative' writing brilliant. ;) Edited by cochofles

Armageddon aswell. That may be an unpopular choice, but damn that movie had me.Also Cast Away. It's when he's telling his friends about his experience, only to come back home and see that his wife's moved on, understandably. Emotional stuff right there.

• Like 1

Armageddon aswell. That may be an unpopular choice, but damn that movie had me.

Also Cast Away. It's when he's telling his friends about his experience, only to come back home and see that his wife's moved on, understandably. Emotional stuff right there.

Damn! How could I forget Cast Away! But I got wet eyes not at the scene you said, but at the famous "I'm sorry Wilson" one. It really was a powerful scene.

• Like 4

Noticed a lot of people cryed for Titanic and Avatar.

Shows the rather simplistic nature and perhaps cliche nature of James Cameron's recent two films are still very emotionally powerful. 

Emotional power has everything to do with characters and chemistry. if they are emotionally engaging and relatable to the audience and have a great rapport of course that people will respond emotionally. Also, T2 and Abyss got quite a few crying nods here so Cameron still remains the master of tear-jerkers.

I`ve never seen theater audience so into a movie like when tree was falling. I knew right there that thing wa sgoing to make over a billion. It ended up with close to 3B.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 4

Emotional power has everything to do with characters and chemistry. if they are emotionally engaging and relatable to the audience and have a great rapport of course that people will respond emotionally. Also, T2 and Abyss got quite a few crying nods here so Cameron still remains the master of tear-jerkers.

I`ve never seen theater audience so into a movie like when tree was falling. I knew right there that thing wa sgoing to make over a billion. It ended up with close to 3B.

It also needs to be built well. You can't have Neytiri meeting the real Jake earlier in the film and expect the ending to be as emotional. You can't remove any of the conflict happened earlier without watering down the ending. The structure is critically important to built a emotional climax.

Edited by vc2002

It also needs to be built well. You can't have Neytiri meeting the real Jake earlier in the film and expect the ending to be as emotional. You can't remove any of the conflict happened earlier without watering down the ending. The structure is critically important to built a emotional climax.

I also like it that Neytiri was given to down the villain. That didn`t demasculate Jake but it was really her right because Quaritch attacked her people which killed her father in the process. And on top of that, he tried to kill Jake. So he`s much more her antagonist than his.

• Like 1

I cry with Rambo in First Blood when he breaks down cause it`s really emotional and when young Muron gives young Wallace a thistle in Braveheart.

Most of the time, sad music has more to do with tears than the scene itself.

Shit, Leo biting the big one in Blood Diamond. I had to cry. What a loser.

Fuckin TDKR end because of Alfred. I was so happy he was happy otherwise the movie sucked.

Edited by fishnets

In addition to what Fishnets added, this is more evidence of Cameron's skill as a storyteller. Very few directors working today can touch him when it comes to structuring a story superbly, in a way in which no single element is filler.

Edited by cochofles