Deep Wang

Ratchet & Clank | 4.29.2016 | Teaser Trailer on Page 1

9 hours ago, Rallax said:

No, it's been reported that it had the best first week of ANY R&C game ever.  

The $40 price tag was definitely a key to that.

It had the best first week sales of any R&C in the UK, just to be clear. The previous best in the UK was A Crack in Time.

That tends to bode well for the US market as well, but I'm guessing sales of R&C were proportionally greater in the US in iterations past so what's true in the UK may not equate to the US. If you look at a Crack in Time sales in October 2009 when it launched in the US, then the sales would have been less than 100k as it didn't make the top 20 of that month. When I looked at November 2004 NPD's, and I saw that Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal did a little over 200k in the US, so I guess it's an achievable target, partly due to quality and price.  So A Crack in Time was the best selling in the UK at launch while Up Your Arsenal was in the US. So there's a skewed difference here that we need to take into account before celebrating, but I'm happy to be wrong in this regard if it does really well.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MrPink said:

It had the best first week sales of any R&C in the UK, just to be clear. The previous best in the UK was A Crack in Time.

That tends to bode well for the US market as well, but I'm guessing sales of R&C were proportionally greater in the US in iterations past so what's true in the UK may not equate to the US. If you look at a Crack in Time sales in October 2009 when it launched in the US, then the sales would have been less than 100k as it didn't make the top 20 of that month. When I looked at November 2004 NPD's, and I saw that Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal did a little over 200k in the US, so I guess it's an achievable target, partly due to quality and price.  So A Crack in Time was the best selling in the UK at launch while Up Your Arsenal was in the US. So there's a skewed difference here that we need to take into account before celebrating, but I'm happy to be wrong in this regard if it does really well.

Damn son, look at you researching!

I was also going to say that the day before and day of release, it was the best selling game on Amazon. And currently, it's the third best selling game behind Uc4 and Doom.  

I wonder if there is a reliable method to tracking that like how we can kinda gauge a movies weekend based on when it appears on movietickets.  

11 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Damn son, look at you researching!

I was also going to say that the day before and day of release, it was the best selling game on Amazon. And currently, it's the third best selling game behind Uc4 and Doom.  

I wonder if there is a reliable method to tracking that like how we can kinda gauge a movies weekend based on when it appears on movietickets.  

I am also a very big video game sales enthusiast in addition to box office.

Unfortunately, I don't think there's much discernible patterns to software to figure how sales are going, because video games (software, accessories, games, etc) are all lumped into one category. There are people who work in retail and have access to district numbers for certain outlets that are probably better indicators in terms of how well an actual game is doing, but the information isn't nearly strong enough to make an actual guess on numbers.

It does not help that sales of video games are behind a paywall unlike the movie industry. Very annoying.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
33 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Y'all party poopers :depp:

Are you the one person on this forum looking forward to this movie?

I like the idea of someone stanning for Ratchet & Clank.

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Are you the one person on this forum looking forward to this movie?

I like the idea of someone stanning for Ratchet & Clank.

Good God, not at all, it was just a silly joke because you were(are) all expecting it it to be horribly panned by everyone and then the first review actually came in fresh, I thought that was a bit funny so I just ran with it.

I've never even owned a Playstation, which is I guess where this comes from by your posts, right? I've always been a PC only gamer. Well, that and Nintendo bu that's only because it was freaking easy to find emulators for Nintendo titles on the computer. To this day Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 are damn near the top of my list of RPG games, all played through the computer. Annnnnd I just digressed a bit there, oops.

Edited by Arlborn

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Arlborn said:

Good God, not at all, it was just a silly joke because you were(are) all expecting it it to be horribly panned by everyone and then the first review actually came in fresh, I thought that was a bit funny so I just ran with it.

I've never even owned a Playstation, which is I guess where this comes from by your posts, right? I've always been a PC only gamer. Well, that and Nintendo bu that's only because it was freaking easy to find emulators for Nintendo titles on the computer. To this day Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 6 are damn near the top of my list of RPG games, all played through the computer.

The PS4 is the first playstation I owned. So, y'know...

I'm probably the biggest stan for Ratchet and Clank on here. 

I bought the original used in 2002, and have bought every single game since, save for the PSP games. 

I just got the platinum for the new one and that makes 5 of my 18 platinums, Ratchet and Clank games!  

I'm not sure why, but this series just got me!

That being said, I'll probably see the movie because I can. But man, everything I've seen for it is so broad and really, really "kiddie."  If it doesn't look that good to a lifetime fan, then oof. 

• Like 1

So, some news in countries where the movie is already out (France and Netherlands).

In France the movie had a 52% drop in admissions from weekend to weekend, getting 39,771 tickets sold on the April 20-24 period. Jungle Book only dropped by 35%, and Kung Fu Panda 3 by 34%. The movie suffered from bad critics and a reduction of showings. Since its launch, Ratchet & Clank totalled 136,961 admissions in 10 days over 400 theaters. It's an abysmal average and it's already pulled from a lot of theaters because:

- Civil War releases tomorrow

- The spring holiday is about to end.

Worst, even The Wild Life (aka Robinson Crusoe - it will be out in September in the US), another "budget animated feature" did more admissions in 5 days (it released on April 20) than Ratchet & Clank did in 10. The Wild Life did 149,752 admissions on a similar release (around 400 cinemas).

Oh, and The Jungle Book in France just passed over 2 million admissions in total. It's a real success here.

About Netherlands, it's not even a bomb - it went completely unnoticed. I think the Mojo page will explain it better.

Despite having the "widest" distribution of the movies releasing this past week, it gets an abysmal $449 per theater on 88 theaters. It gets beaten by every other movie that released the same week.

Edited by Linkinitouille
  • Like 1

On 26.04.2016 г. at 3:35 AM, shayhiri said:

Lol, this will be lucky to have more than Norm of the North (another recent animated cheapo stinker)

15% RT max.

Told you this will suck horribly, right?

RT calls it the worst children animation in a long time.