Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

just finished watching IM2 for like the 5th time this week lol

IM1 3times and avengers twice !!

what can i say i'm bored , and trying hard to distract myself that half the planet is seeing this before me ughhhh

"The 15.6 M number is no doubt big. However, I think this has a more rush factor than THE AVENGERS. People are excited to see this after the success of that 2012 behemotH."

No I think the audience for marvel films is not the preview kind...

However you may be right or I may be wrong but it looks to easily match IM2 day business so I think your wrong.

It'll definitely outgross IM ll. That's not a difficult thing to do I guess.

• Like 1

Especially with Gatsby tracking very well. It may actually break the curse of the second May weekend (though not to the extent of Star Trek, obviously).

I've been saying for a while that Gatsby is going to blow people away next weekend. Buzz is just as high among  high schoolers and young college kids (my main friend group, obviously) for Gatsby as it is for IM3. It might damage IM3 more than most people think. Obviously, IM will still have a huge second weekend, but Gatsby ain't gonna be Dark Shadows, I guarantee that. 

• Like 1

I don't believe the audience is divided. I think it is experiencing very good WOM.

Yep. The general audience as a majority is really eating up IM3. Obviously some people don't like it, but there's no perfect film and there never will be.

• Like 2

Especially with Gatsby tracking very well. It may actually break the curse of the second May weekend (though not to the extent of Star Trek, obviously).

Yeah. TGG is among the most anticipated films in a lot of polls which really shocks me. I thought it would only appeal to the older demo.

I've been saying for a while that Gatsby is going to blow people away next weekend. Buzz is just as high among  high schoolers and young college kids (my main friend group, obviously) for Gatsby as it is for IM3. It might damage IM3 more than most people think. Obviously, IM will still have a huge second weekend, but Gatsby ain't gonna be Dark Shadows, I guarantee that. 

Buzz is always high for book adaptaions but they always get overhyped...

Meaning thinking 50+ million is nuts and more around 40 million and you better hope reviews are good or else most people will not watch it theaters.

I don't believe the audience is divided. I think it is experiencing very good WOM.

I don't know about that. I've seen and posted early reactions from those who have seen it. It's really not terrible but definitely it's not very enthusiastic.