Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

STID could end up in that Transformers category where critics--some of them fans--don't take well, but general audiences enjoy it more.

Or it could just bomb.

One or the other. :P

Or it could Floppit. STiF, Star Trek into Flopness.

STID could end up in that Transformers category where critics--some of them fans--don't take well, but general audiences enjoy it more.

Or it could just bomb.

One or the other. :P

:ph34r:

But Jay is going about it the right way with the IMAX comparison. It has a ton of showtimes in 2D and 3D which makes it impossible to judge demand because sellouts are more difficult with that many showtimes. But the IMAX shows are limited and always have been limited. Your IMAX showtime/screen count has not gone up much at all since July 2012 when TDKR came out. I just checked the theater I went to for TDKR in IMAX and IM3 did not sell out the two morning shows today. TDKR sold out every IMAX show at that theater for Friday through Sunday. I went to a 8 AM show Saturday morning and it was sold out.

THIS! 

• Like 1

Batman Forever was the movie for me. Before the Internet, that meant checking the newspaper on Monday.

NY DAILY NEWS.

• Like 1

But Jay is going about it the right way with the IMAX comparison. It has a ton of showtimes in 2D and 3D which makes it impossible to judge demand because sellouts are more difficult with that many showtimes. But the IMAX shows are limited and always have been limited. Your IMAX showtime/screen count has not gone up much at all since July 2012 when TDKR came out. I just checked the theater I went to for TDKR in IMAX and IM3 did not sell out the two morning shows today. TDKR sold out every IMAX show at that theater for Friday through Sunday. I went to a 8 AM show Saturday morning and it was sold out.

I posted earlier that its matinees appear to be trailing TA and THG. We won't know for sure until we have the first report from Nikki in a couple of hours.

Still no sellouts for THE ENTIRE WEEKEND here at Lincoln Square IMAX.

Is IMAX 3D not a hit for this movie?

Probably just the 3D in general. I think folks generally prefer 2D and only go for 3D if there's no other option. I know I would've gone to IMAX if there were any 2D showings.

That is true. I am just being overly cautious. 

I've got a strong mix of IMAX and 2D sellouts.  The reserved IMAX shows that I've seen have not sold out, but all times only have partial front rows still available and that's about it.

I've got a strong mix of IMAX and 2D sellouts.  The reserved IMAX shows that I've seen have not sold out, but all times only have partial front rows still available and that's about it.

Ain't nobody want that lame-ass regular 3D?

True but TDKR was like the most hyped up movie relating to IMAX...

I think comparison to TA is more fair and another to note I don't think people will be that nuts about watching IM3 in Imax compared to TA and especially TDKR..

The point is it needs about 50 million in day business and it should get and thats with it selling fewer tickets then IM2 for crying out loud.