Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Has the same franchise ever won the year both DOM and WW two years in a row? That's pretty impressive. LOTR and POTC won two consecutive years WW, but not DOM.

IM3 won the year. Fact. Catching Fire will be number 2 though, it will also make a billion.

CF will be out of Top 5.Movies that will outgross CF:IM3TH2PRFF6Thor 2ST2, DM2, Smurfs 2 might beat it too.

CF will be out of Top 5.

Movies that will outgross CF:

IM3

TH2

PR

FF6

Thor 2

ST2, DM2, Smurfs 2 might beat it too.

Posted Image

Stop smoking crack, doctors say it is very bad for your health.

• Like 2

I think the better achievement out of all this is if the Iron Man trilogy becomes the highest grossing trilogy domestically. Which is has a really good chance I think.TDK trilogy - 1,148,476,392

This target is for TA to achieve....All three movies > $5 billion !

So is there a "The Avengers 2 over Avatar (760M)" thread yet?  I think many people would join at this point....I might even be tempted to myself.  Although maybe the fascination with 3D Marvel films will die down by then...perhaps...probably not though....

Edited by Mr Potter

CF will be out of Top 5.Movies that will outgross CF:IM3TH2PRFF6Thor 2ST2, DM2, Smurfs 2 might beat it too.

Lol...not a chance in hell will CF be out of the top 5. It can even rival IM3's OW given that it will be a lot more frontloaded (teenaged girls...they kind of have that effect)

Catching Fire has no 3D. It's shit out of luck.IM3 in 3D is the biggest joke since 3D.

Or until the next film comes along that's the biggest joke in 3D

I think the better achievement out of all this is if the Iron Man trilogy becomes the highest grossing trilogy domestically. Which is has a really good chance I think.TDK trilogy - 1,148,476,392

I think that one is safe as IM3 would need over $500m...but shit's so crazy already who knows :lol: Just an amazing start for IM3, especially OS and China going nuts for this!