Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I used to think 250m OW for TA2 is a little too optimistic, but now it seems it will probably get that much. Holy crap Disney and Mav has built the money-making franchise to a whole new level. :o

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 1

Yo listen up here's a storyAbout a little guy that lives in a blue worldAnd all day and all night and everything he seesIs just blue like him inside and outsideBlue is his house with a blue little windowAnd a blue corvetteAnd everything is blue for him and himselfAnd everybody around'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to...

• Like 9

I used to think 250m OW for TA2 is a little too optimistic, but now it seems it will probably get that much. Holy crap Mav has built the money-making franchise to a whole new level. :o

It is very possible. Theaters weren't ready for TA1's level of demand, so there was a shitload of spillover into the second weekend. This time around the theaters should be as prepared as possible for insane demand, so that should increase the number of showtimes available for TA2 compared to TA1. Then give it 3 years of inflation and 250 definitely looks more and more possible.

I feel sorry for kids today. We in 90's had epic cartoons, which weren't dumb down for the kids. They were plot heavy, strong characters and amazing visuals. I absolutely loved Gargoyles, BTAS, X-Men and Spider-man. Youtube is great for Nostalgia purposes, these cartoons still look amazing 15+ years later. I just can't say enough about them.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 1

Yo listen up here's a story

About a little guy that lives in a blue world

And all day and all night and everything he sees

Is just blue like him inside and outside

Blue is his house with a blue little window

And a blue corvette

And everything is blue for him and himself

And everybody around

'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to...

Gif companion

Posted Image

:D  :P

• Like 2

To be fair can you imagine being a kid and being raised on this shared Marvel universe? If you're a 90s kid like me you had Burton's Batman and that's it.

They are lucky to have this, but we have this as adults PLUS we had Burton's Batman and all the amazing cartoons in the 90's. And we didn't have to put up with fucking cell phones as 5 year olds. And our parents could get us the nicest birthday/Christmas presents because the economy was kicking ass instead of limping along. I'd take my childhood over the kids today for sure. Feel bad for them overall.

• Like 3

I used to think 250m OW for TA2 is a little too optimistic, but now it seems it will probably get that much. Holy crap Disney and Mav has built the money-making franchise to a whole new level. :o

I still think 250 mill OW isimpossible to achieve but if TA2 does anything close to that...lol, this board will literally crash and burn

I was raised on Star Wars, both the special editions and the prequels. I didn't get into superhero movies until much later. I did enjoy Burton's Batman and Superman 1 and 2 as a kid, though.

• Like 1

As soon as the first NOTE of that song hit the whole audience started cracking up. It's such an iconic tune.

It was even weirder at my theater, because they were having trouble with the projector and wound up not showing any previews, so the film started up with no warning. That song starts almost immediately, and it took everyone by surprise.

Fewer people went for 3D conversion on #IronMan3. 3D share dropped from 52% on Avengers to 45% for IM3.

Just what I was thinking about last Friday. More shows than Avengers + slightly less demand than Avengers = people can choose 2D shows over 3D ones. This means IM3 sold something like 19m tickets this weekend, around as many as TDKR. 

• Like 7

Yo listen up here's a storyAbout a little guy that lives in a blue worldAnd all day and all night and everything he seesIs just blue like him inside and outsideBlue is his house with a blue little windowAnd a blue corvetteAnd everything is blue for him and himselfAnd everybody around'cause he ain't got nobody to listen to...

I don't think a catchier tune ever existed.