Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

I will def have more families compared to IM2, but no where near as much as TA.  Trailers and marketing have been extremely dark compared to TA and the loss of all the other characters won't drive family business close to TA.

There is a big gap between 17%  and 32 and any % is a big difference especially with big numbers.

I am seeing 27%

For example if Saturday is around 54 million with IM2 drop thats 36.7 million with 27% thats 39.5 million.

It makes a big difference...

This thread is like a foxhole during war. As the hours tick by, tensions run higher and higher. Who will be the first to snap?

(I'm full of metaphors today.)

Well people who speak in metaphors can shampoo my crotch. :P

• Like 1

Off topic - Is this the thread which is supposed to reach 150 pages by Monday morning 9am for BSG? 

Yea... It'll turn into the weekend thread tomorrow morning.

Yea the  9pm thing is throwing me off but I understand why 9pm shows are offered now for some movies.

That number is 83.42% of TA's midnight opening. If you apply that to the entire weekend, you get $173m. If you account for a boost from the 9 PM shows, you probably end up somewhere in the 160's. I'm thinking the range is $165-175m, which is awesome.

• Like 5

That number is 83.42% of TA's midnight opening. If you apply that to the entire weekend, you get $173m. If you account for a boost from the 9 PM shows, you probably end up somewhere in the 160's. I'm thinking the range is $165-175m, which is awesome.

Yeah, 170-175 still seems likely to me.

• Founder / Operator

Where I disagree is the fact that TA had insane word of mouth spreading even before midnights began, and especially on Friday night and Saturday. That's what helped lead to the awesome holds on Sat and Sun.

Not that IM3 has bad WOM by any means, but I don't get the same "must see" buzz here and I think that's going to show over the weekend.

Any sellout reports anywhere? I'm a bit surprised that even IMAX hasn't sold out a single show here.

Well in comparing to IM2

Im3 has two of the evening shows pretty much sold out and its not night yet.

Im2 did not sell out any shows...

However I am in Canada...a strange and mysterious land...

• Like 1