Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

OBLIVION was abandoned in its 3rd weekend, falling -67% w/ $5.8M. Total is now $76M.

Such a stupid decision to release this two weeks before IM3. At least Pain and Gain didn't cost anything to make. This has no chance at breaking even WW now. 

Edited by Gopher

You might as well take this as a lock that IM3 has a 3 multiplier, because I think the WOM will kick in and it will suffer a little, if I was making a prediction, and I'm not because I'm not making predictions anymore, I would think it would have about a 2.35-2.4 multiplier.  So lock it in for 500 mill.

Time for another Baumer youtube video making out with his dog.  :D

I didn't make any bets this time, except that I will owe fifty bucks once it passes 350.

I guess I'm leaving the forums for a year and then coming back next year to say "What?  I'm a pirate....fuck the bet."

• Like 2

You might as well take this as a lock that IM3 has a 3 multiplier, because I think the WOM will kick in and it will suffer a little, if I was making a prediction, and I'm not because I'm not making predictions anymore, I would think it would have about a 2.35-2.4 multiplier.  So lock it in for 500 mill.

In for 250M-The Avengers 2?

• Like 2

6000 'likes' baumer! Congrats. :wave:

Really?  lol...amazing how many likes you can get when you are wrong and then fess up.  :)

• Like 1

Is there a chance that IM3's performance after this would mirror DH2's?  And by that I mean would it barely get to 400M (since DH2 ended with 380M)?  Or is DH2 considered far more frontloaded?

FRONTLOADED. Managed a 2.2X at worst IM3 will get a 2.5X.

Is there a chance that IM3's performance after this would mirror DH2's?  And by that I mean would it barely get to 400M (since DH2 ended with 380M)?  Or is DH2 considered far more frontloaded?

DH ll is definitely more frontloaded. But if this misses 400 M (which is kinda unlikely), it's because of the competition. It's gonna lose IMAX and theaters in the coming weeks.

Edited by kayumanggi

lol DH2 had a 23 million dollar higher opening day and IM3 ended up 22 million lower then IM3 Saturday.. 

I think that answers that...

It can't miss 400 million if it opened higher then Dh2. 

And I passed 20,000 posts after being at about 19.5K on Wednesday.

You can't quit until Fast 6. Your Fast Five was one of the best threads ever on BOM.

• Like 1

No way. 0% chance.

Now I'm curious to see how much Thor 2 will increase, do anyone know if in the Thor movie there will be any interaction with other Avengers or something like that?

I'm not sure, but it does have Loki which will give it a clear connection.

Now I'm curious to see how much Thor 2 will increase, do anyone know if in the Thor movie there will be any interaction with other Avengers or something like that?

Not sure. Hawkeye was in the first one. But he didn't do much. If you blink you'll miss his part. Hawkeye gets no love.