Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

That's good that it attracts the older crowd....means a possibility of better legs.

But isn't the older crowd the target demo of THE GREAT GATSBY and to some extent STID?

Edited by kayumanggi

I definitely think Thor could make $1b pretty easily. Captain America probably not, since he's less popular than Thor overseas, but doubling the first film's WW gross would not surprise me.

So glad. The 3D was awful.

It really was. I saw the Avengers in 3D last year and it was alright, for a post convert, but hardly anything redeeming about it for IM3. Only reason I went was because it was the latest showing they had.

Ask me when actuals are in tomorrow. ;)It's a great number either way, but this whole Thursday 9m thing proved to be as complicating for ratios as I was afraid of.

When comparing this OW to DH2, there will always be an asterick. Thursday shows were included in the 175M. Which sucks... Can we go back to Midnights only!?

But isn't the older crowd the target demo of THE GREAT GATSBY and to some extent STID?

Nope the constant camera flare in STID (every time I type that I feel I should leave out the 'I' lol) will hurt their eyes. Old folks like me just can't deal with it so well.

Ok, BS aside, by that time I think most will have seen it anyway.

Thor should get a big bump. The Thor/Loki conflict was at the forefront of the movie and Chris Hemsworth has exploded into an actual star, as has Tom Hiddleston (in a different way). OS will be massive for it especially.

CF will be out of Top 5.Movies that will outgross CF:IM3TH2PRFF6Thor 2ST2, DM2, Smurfs 2 might beat it too.

AHAAHAHAHAHAHAHH HAHAHAHAHAHAHHHA AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHA AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAH

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm justBWHAHAHAAHAAHAHAAAAAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHHAAAAARGHBBLLBLB

When comparing this OW to DH2, there will always be an asterick. Thursday shows were included in the 175M. Which sucks... Can we go back to Midnights only!?

Pretty sure 90% of people who saw it on Thursday night would have seen it at midnight anyway. And the people who weren't able to see it at midnight would have seen it during opening day anyway.In other words, if you seriously are going to use Thursday previews as an excuse for beating DH2's OW...
  • Like 3

So glad. The 3D was awful.

Yeah seriously, such a lazy, crap 3D conversion job. Half the time you could take your 3D glasses off and not know the difference. Second time I saw it was 2D and if I see it again it'll be 2D for sure.
  • Like 1