CJohn

The Dark Tower | August 4, 2017 | McConaughey, Elba | Reviews coming in, it's a bomb etc. etc. - we know this drill by now

17 minutes ago, DAR said:

My tower is impressive

hero0fwar GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

I need to see the trailer before making my prediction. Prob should've put in my Summer Game (I pretty much just slapped on the last five)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

This is going to get lambased by critics. Under 25% on RT won't surprise me. 

First time hollywood director. Sony. Rothman. 

Lol......and you base this on what?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, baumer said:

Lol......and you base this on what?

Over the last year, they've released more films that were critically panned than lauded. I'd say he has a fair shot at being correct.

When Passengers had a 31% rating, I won't count out The Dark Tower.

Edited by NoobSaibot

4 hours ago, Finnick said:

THE DARK TOWER Teaser Trailer (2017)

1f798a4ead42df5d1b2e098b2aa128d6.png

God, I'm laughing so hard! I'm such a big fan of these books as well but this is what he chooses to whine about??!:rofl:

Fanboys are always the same no matter the material, aren't they?

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Alright, I love Idris Elba and what I know about Dark Tower comes from the comics prequel from years ago. What the hell they are doing in Earth and why it reminds me of Dolph Lundgren's He-Man? Is that what Dark Tower is about? :winomg:

Looks like they are combining parts of the first and second novel into this film and looks like they are cutting out some of the best parts from the drawing of the three. And yes I remember the poster of Roland carrying the horn of eld but I didn't think they would alter his journey this much. Still it has some cool scenes and Idris is really nailing the gunslinger from what I could see in the trailer here is to hoping the film isn't a complete mess storytelling wise. 

• Like 2

Ironically, it looks like it can't decide whether it wants to be dark or family-friendly. I sense a critical mauling coming.

(I did chuckle at that shot of the Overlook Hotel in the picture frame, given how much King hates Kubrick's Shining.)

I'm quite confused to be honest. Dark Tower is one of the few books that I feel I'd be invested on because a lot of friends with similar tastes to mine have recommended and seem to love it. But what the hell are they doing in New York? Is that New York? Wasn't this set in the old west or something? 

The footage at CinemaCon played terribly.  The new trailer is for some reason way more kid heavy.  Production was delayed and the release date pushed back multiple times.  It is being run by Sony who when you talk to their people they don't seem to be terribly confident in it.  

All signs point to this being a bomb on August 4th.  I won't be shocked if Detroit possibly does better.  

• Like 9

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

The footage at CinemaCon played terribly.  The new trailer is for some reason way more kid heavy.  Production was delayed and the release date pushed back multiple times.  It is being run by Sony who when you talk to their people they don't seem to be terribly confident in it.  

All signs point to this being a bomb on August 4th.  I won't be shocked if Detroit possibly does better.  

I think you'll be wrong on this one.

• Like 1