baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

TA is in effect domestically as IM3 will sell as many tickets or more then IM1

so silence you mewling quims...

You just want an excuse to use that words, don't you?!  :P

• Like 2

A Jacksonite. :lol:

Duh. They have no balls to send death threats like Nolanites. Nolanites are as crazy as coked-up Navy Seals but I respect them for that.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Well it happens all the time....

A number comes in and we overeact.

I remember many calling for sub 300 million gross for Spider Man 3 with its First Monday gross.

Yes I have a gandalf avatar because I am an old timer..

Edited by Lordmandeep

The question is what constitutes the Avengers effect? In my opinion, the big difference between Avengers and the first two Iron Man movies is that TA drew in a lot more families. A lot of them probably showed up for IM3 on opening weekend. Next question is how well will it do with that demographic now that the movie is out and WOM is starting to spread? Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Agreed. For what it's worth the kids in my afternoon viewing on Sunday seemed to love it. Of course I can't generalize but I think there is a strong family appeal because of RDJ and how he interacts with kid. Great scenes there IMO. There were a ton of couples in both shows so I'm a little worried on how Gatsby will pull that demo away as well.
  • Like 3

I love when films drop more than expected. Reaction: "I'm more interested in Tuesday." Tuesday reaction: "I'm more interested in Wednesday." Wednesday: "I'm really more interested in the second weekend drop.":circles:

• Like 3

Well it happens all the time....

A number comes in and we overeact.

I remember many calling for sub 300 million gross for Spider Man 3 with its First Monday gross.

Yes I have a gandalf avatar because I am an old timer..

What if TA2 OW drop from TA?  :o

I love when films drop more than expected. Reaction: "I'm more interested in Tuesday." Tuesday reaction: "I'm more interested in Wednesday." Wednesday: "I'm really more interested in the second weekend drop." :circles:

:worthy:

We always underestimate how strong weekend are this time of the year.

I remember people were saying Spider Man 3 was going to fall 70% 2nd weekend, it fell around 60%.

I remember many saying Iron Man 2 was going for well over 60% and it did not.

I remember many saying 100 million 2nd weekend for TA was not possibile, based on the weekdays.

Its did we just forget that this time of the year allows for films to have decent weekdays and strong weekends.

You sure about that? Polls have shown that kids like 3D more than adults.

Kids ticket prices are cheaper than adults. Here 3D prices are 1 dollar to 2 dollar cheaper than adult 3D prices. 

• Like 1

Gatsby is going to do better than expected imo. Here on campus, its getting talked about a lot. Almost every chick i know plans to go see it.

That doesn`t hurt IM3 because it`s playing like a fmaily movie. TGG will be chick + date flick.