baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

Nah, I think how it holds up while losing a ton of screens during mid to late May is what will determine its fate more than anything else.

Well if it continues to play well with families, it'll have giant weekends which can offset loss of screens. 

73.5% drop just about same as IM1's 73.4%. Friday and Saturday jump will determine if it'll reach TDKR.

I never think it would reach 450M even with that big OW. Competitions are too strong, and they target the same demo. TC/screen counts will get hit hard no matter what.

Oh, well, I predicted 155M OW and 370M total, so what's it doing so far is exceeding my expectations, I have no complains  :lol:

As I said a 60% drop is around 70 million dollars, a 57% drop gets its around 75 million.

I don't GG hurts it as as it will family audiences watching IM3 now.

However TBH, if it does not hit 400 million with such a huge opening that would be a bit strange.

"

And you can be sure that, if it does, the Nolanites will be out in force with the 'it's still below in ticket sales, yaddy yaddy yadda'."

TDK sold more tickets then TA opening weekend okay... :rofl:

And you can be sure that, if it does, the Nolanites will be out in force with the 'it's still below in ticket sales, yaddy yaddy yadda'.

Well if IM3 continues to play well with families, that pretty much negates the 3D bump. 

I've yet to see it, but everything I've heard about IM3 (not to mention the marketing) suggests it's decidedly not a family film. Next weekend will tell the tale.

I'll say this: There were plenty of very young children in my screening, and I couldn't help but notice that a lot of people get shot. It's very gun heavy for a "family" film. 

Surprising stat but bodes well, if it can capture that audience. Friday and Saturday jumps could be in IM1 or SM1 range, if it continues to play well with families.

Just goes to show that this may be a more weekend show than anticipated. More demo breakdowns from EW

Like The Avengers, Iron Man 3 played to a broad spectrum of demographics with a tilt toward older men. According to Disney, audiences were 55 percent above the age of 25 and 61 percent male. Disney also reports that couples made up 52 percent of viewers, while families accounted for 27 percent, and teens 21 percent.

• Like 2

Don't get me wrong, I lurrrrrrrve Nolan's Batman. But some of them get so butthurt, it's quite funny.

Not as butthurt as members of another fan(boy)dom that recently tried to block certain Clubs from happening.

• Like 2

It will make around 1.2 billion dollars...

Meh...

Also I dont think IM3 was ever locked to win domestically but it is about locked to win the summer domestically.

However CF is not locked for 400+ either,.

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just goes to show that this may be a more weekend show than anticipated.More demo breakdowns from EW

The question is what constitutes the Avengers effect? In my opinion, the big difference between Avengers and the first two Iron Man movies is that TA drew in a lot more families. A lot of them probably showed up for IM3 on opening weekend. Next question is how well will it do with that demographic now that the movie is out and WOM is starting to spread? Will be interesting to see how it goes.