baumer

Monday #s IM3 11.26

Should increase because of Tue discount.

Can it increase tomorrow?

May openers do not increase on their first Tuesday.

What DEX said.

If it follows Spiderman 3 legs, it won't cross 400M domestically.

Do you really think WOM is that bad though?  I don't.

• Like 1

It may not be as bad as that of SM lll, but a barrage of new films are opening soon and three of them are tracking more or less 90 M. Being "ok" isn't enough.

This is still a big hit though.

WOM is relative to its time though. Great WOM today doesn't go as far as it did in 2007, 1997, 1987, etc. because largely hyped movies keep getting more and more frontloaded. If SM3 came out today, it would get a 2.0 or worse instead of the 2.2 it got in 2007.

• Like 1

this is slightly low but its not expected to have great legs for multiple reasons.

1) WOM is not anywhere close to avengers. we already saw that with normal sunday drop.

2) Competition is going to be way more tougher than avengers and so it will have lower multi.

3) Generally movies are getting more frontloaded because of huge releases.BOM has shown number of screens for IM3 but I am sure it will be close to the record(12k+). So that will limit its legs unless it has out of the world WOM.

400M still should happen. I am not sure about 450M. But we will know for sure by end of this week.

• Like 1