Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

Comparing to IM1 (just to annoy Baumer)

IM1's first Wednesday was 22% of its first Sunday gross. IM3's Wednesday is 19% of its first Sunday gross. That means IM1 is holding up 16% better relative to its Sunday number. It dropped 48% on its second weekend. 16% worse than that would be a 55.7% drop. That would be a $77m weekend for IM3.

• Like 1

IM3 had a worse Monday drop than Avengers and Thor by a full 5-7% so I don't think we're going to see an increase as low as 130%. 

Provided the day up, day down roller coaster continues-

7.7m Thursday (-5%) 

18.5m Friday (140%) 

30.7m Saturday (66%) 

21.5m Sunday (-30%) 

70.7m weekend 

So you are giving it a bigger jump on Friday than Thor but the same Saturday increase? 

How convenient.

IM1's first Wednesday was 22% of its first Sunday gross. IM3's Wednesday is 19% of its first Sunday gross. That means IM1 is holding up 16% better relative to its Sunday number. It dropped 48% on its second weekend. 16% worse than that would be a 55.7% drop. That would be a $77m weekend for IM3.

And if it makes 77 mill second weekend I'd be shocked.  The WOM is not that strong.

• Like 2

I like how you do your math just to annoy Baumer  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 3

So you are giving it a bigger jump on Friday than Thor but the same Saturday increase? 

How convenient.

You're too hooked on the idea of it following exact models of other movies. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

• Like 1

For game reasons I want it to get as close to 360 as possible

As of this moment its locked for 380 + million.

I think one key thing to remember is that it will likely make well over 100  million after its 2nd weekend as well.

Think people forget IM2 made 100 million more and it had a 60% 2nd weekend and a 50% 3rd weekend fall. That is also remember IM2 has much lower numbers then IM3 as well over the 2nd and 3rd weekend.

So whatever it makes by Sunday, you can add 100 million and thats the min gross you can imagine.

You're too hooked on the idea of it following exact models of other movies. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

Well that's better than predicting numbers that one personally wants.

Edited by kayumanggi
  • Like 3

I agree.  But if you aren't using a film to model it after, you are just picking arbitrary numbers.

I could just as easily say it will go up by 110% on Friday, 139% Saturday and drop 35% Sunday.  Why not?

• Like 1

How convenient.

If by bigger you mean 10% higher than Thor's and 5% higher than Avengers', sure. I think that's reasonable. 

I'm giving it a big Saturday bump because it increased 20% last Saturday. Way more than what Thor or Avengers did. 

But Rich is right, aren't we all talking out of our asses, baum? 

• Like 3

If by bigger you mean 10% higher than Thor's and 5% higher than Avengers', sure. I think that's reasonable. 

I'm giving it a big Saturday bump because it increased 20% last Saturday. Way more than what Thor or Avengers did. 

But Rich is right, aren't we all talking out of our asses, baum? 

Ok, fair enough, your numbers are not unreasonable, I just don't agree with them.  But then again, I've really been cold lately predicting numbers, so you will probably be right.

• Like 2

Well that's better than predicting numbers that one personally wants.

One personally wants? What does that mean? How are Gopher's numbers unreasonable? Just under 20M Friday, just over 30M Saturday because of families, 30% Sunday drop.

400M is a lock. But 450M will most probably not happen. But we can say for sure on saturday night.

No we can't say for sure Saturday night. We have no idea how the upcoming competition will affect it. It could get hammered or it could hold up well in the coming weeks.

• Like 2