filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

IM3 basically lost its IMAX screens. I'm confused how it will reach 400M at this point. I'm doing numbers in my head and it's just not working out.

:thinking:

:rofl:  :rofl:

I'd be really curious to see how Avengers would face up against Gatsby, Trek and Furious Six/Hangover III opening in quick succession. Probably a bit better than IM3 will/is, but no doubt legs would have been hurt. 

Also, WEAK previews/midnights for Star Trek. Awareness obviously wasn't there. 

Strangely enough, Trek sold out three IMAX theaters in my area last night at 8-9 pm.

Shit Paramount ruining my fun for today! They should have moved the release date one month ago, not one week ago!!!

Edited by CJohn

#StarTrek #IntoDarkness opens to $2M from WED night IMAX + $1.25M from all midnight shows. Not huge. But midweek is slower.

3.25m (I think that's what that means?) is more comforting. I could see that translating into 15-17m for Thursday and 18-20m for the full OD + previews gross. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

It was expected. Again the move to a 4 day weekend was last minute with all the trailers, many TV spot and banners still saying "Opening May 17th." That # is fine.

Thursday number won't be big so it'll need a massive jump on Friday and I'm not sure it's going to get that.