theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

DMC = perfect summer popcorn blockbuster 

This. mega-charismatic leading man playing iconic character (Depp), hot romance (Sparrabeth), state-of-the-art money shots (Davey Jones), love triangle, big character death, addition of a rugged manly man (pirate Norrington), big twist (Barbossa), awesomeone villain (Jones), inventive action (three-way swordfight), raising the epic bar. I`m sure that STiD lacks most of it.  

• Like 1

I agree, bad movies can be very enjoyable.

I wouldn't something like Fast Five though "bad" just because its over the top.  Its a very well made movie.  Bad movies is soulless shit like Clash of the Titans, Tron Legacy, Transformers, Twilight, Die Hard 5, Taken 2.

Fast Five got a 78% fresh rating on RT which is astounding for that kind of movie.  Its well made movie, end of story.

You can't even tell me what the "more deserving animation" is.

Wreck It Ralf was getting tons of cheering and was considered a rightful winner by critics and fans who follow Oscars alike. Brave`s winning streak was considered a really bad upset.

Define trashy.

Seriously.  What makes one film trashy and another classy?

I'd say what the film actually aims to be. Something like F&F knows what it is, and the movies deliver the ott action, and everyone loves it. Therefore, something like that can not be deemed trash.

This. mega-charismatic leading man playing iconic character (Depp), hot romance (Sparrabeth), state-of-the-art money shots (Davey Jones), love triangle, big character death, addition of a rugged manly man (pirate Norrington), big twist (Barbossa), awesomeone villain (Jones), inventive action (three-way swordfight), raising the epic bar. I`m sure that STiD lacks most of it.  

Oh yes, the addition of a "rugged manly man" is exactly what I look for in a sequel.

Edited by Krissykins