CJohn

Thursday Numbers | The Hangover 3 - 11.8M (includes WED night) | FF6 - 6.5M (previews + midnights)

Heh right in Ecstacy's range. Solid number.BTW could THO3 be the largest collapse for a sequel in a popular franchise?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! I'm glad you remembered.

• Like 1

• Founder / Operator

I should just copyright all of the summer flop titles so that I get all of the credit.

Now You Flop Me, Flopter Earth, The Flopternship, This Is The Flop, Flop Of Steel, Flopsters University, World War Flop, Flop House Down, The Lone Flopper, and so on.

Don't forget Pacific Flop and Flop Ups 2.

• Like 2

I should just copyright all of the summer flop titles so that I get all of the credit.Now You Flop Me, Flopter Earth, The Flopternship, This Is The Flop, Flop Of Steel, Flopsters University, World War Flop, Flop House Down, The Lone Flopper, and so on.

DESPICABLE FLOP ll, THE PACIFIC FLOP, TURFLOP, THE FLOPVERINE, GROWN FLOPS ll, ELYSIFLOP, PERCY JACKSON: FLOP OF MONSTERS, etc.
  • Like 1

Haha. I was right about FF6 preview numbers. I knew it would not be some colossal number. 5-7m was my initial guess, lol.

Virtual cookie for E :DYeah, the 10M some were hoping for were too big and like I said, require for it to do very well everywhere. 6.5M is an incredible number, with no 3D even.
  • Like 2

I want STID and EPIC projections.

STID is tricky. Here are examples of various Friday increases on Memorial Day for films in their 8th day of release (like Trek):

Battleshit- +81.9%

Pirates 4- +140.6%

Shrek 4- +155.8%

Angels & Demons- +128.7%

I could see Trek increasing anywhere from 95% to 125%

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

• Founder / Operator

So what are your projections?

I have no idea. :lol:

EDIT: But seriously, I still don't feel like a $45m 3-day is out of reach. My gut tells me WB will find a way to not let it go below TH1's 3-day of $44.98m. ;)

Edited by ShawnMR

It will go up today, but not to a great extent. The Hangover II didn't have to deal with new openers on that Friday, let alone Fast & Furious 6, and audiences are less forgiving for this than they were for Part 2. 

I'm guessing $12.5m-$13m for today and $35m-$37m for the 3-day weekend. 

Thanks Hangover 3 for giving me a last laugh.

• Like 2

Virtual cookie for E :DYeah, the 10M some were hoping for were too big and like I said, require for it to do very well everywhere. 6.5M is an incredible number, with no 3D even.

Yeah it's a fantastic number. But you can tell from the activity nationwide it wasn't going to do big blockbuster numbers. It was a hot ticket in the West. And yeah, I will pat myself on the back. Thanks for the cookie. :lol:

• Like 2

As much as I hate Vin Diesel. I truly see an OW for FF6 at least hitting 80M(3 Day).

I'd say that at this point, the worst case scenario for FF6 for the three-day is matching Fast Five's three-day. 

• Like 1