filmnerdjamie

Thursday Numbers (05/30)

Will isnt endearing himself to his fans by saying that he is basically a God. i hope this tanks just to shut him the fuck up.

I missed that interview...but basically you're saying you've read where he's gotten a bit cocky and arrogant of late. 

Is that a fair overview?

I've just not come across this. 

are Star Trek 2's weekday numbers good? What is it looking like for the weekend? I hope After Earth doesn't hurt it

Weekdays are a bit better than the first ones, so it has some good word of mouth despite the low start. I really hope it drops under 50% this weekend.

It's important to note that AE screenings started at 9 and NYSM screenings started at 7. But this is still an upset. AE did worse than Oblivion's previews, even though Oblivion opened in mid-April and we're at the end of May here. 

Both should be above 10m today. 

• Like 1

It's important to note that AE screenings started at 9 and NYSM screenings started at 7. But this is still an upset. AE did worse than Oblivion's previews, even though Oblivion opened in mid-April and we're at the end of May here. 

Both should be above 10m today. 

With that and Fast 6, we could be getting three $10m grossers today. Nice. 

The F6 doom and gloom is like IM3 during its first weekdays. Itll drop 55-60% which is normal for the franchise. Id love to see NYSM break out and AE finish third.

If Fast 6 is playing the quadrants not dissimilarly from Iron Man 3, then it could be in for a healthy increase today.

are Star Trek 2's weekday numbers good? What is it looking like for the weekend? I hope After Earth doesn't hurt it

It's week-to-week drops have been in the 48-50% range, which is alright. Friday/Saturday increases in the post-Memorial frame are uncertain, but I see a weekend between 17.5-19, barring something freaky happening (like it turning into a huge weekend film).

This has been a pretty weak summer so far, quality-wise.

You can't really say it's going to be good, box office wise, either. The only 'big thing' was Memorial weekend, so far, and Iron Man 3 opening.

I missed that interview...but basically you're saying you've read where he's gotten a bit cocky and arrogant of late. Is that a fair overview?I've just not come across this.

You didnt hear the interview where he said "Jadens dad is the biggest movie star in the world, an iconic brand all unto himself and he casts a gigantic shadow while Jaden just tries to squeak by"? He talks about himself lke he is a God. I like his films but he is tge kind of man that Selena spoke about in TDKR when she spoke about the haves and have nots. And speaking like that will not make him relatable to us. Fuck him.