#ED

Wknd Est: Purge - 36.6M; FF6 - 19.7M; NYSM - 19.5M; Intern - 18.1M; Epic - 12.1M; STiD- 11.7M;

They had an urge....to see Purge The Musical. With Ethan Hawke reprising his role for the first month only!

Well, I would see that for sure  :ph34r::lol:

Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy in Richard Linklater's Before Purge Night. Psycho yuppies try to break into their house and kill them so they gotta defend themselves, all while discussing the meaning of their current relationship.

• Like 3

Love how Yahoo makes The Purge sound bigger then it is with the headline it has.

Though nothing can beat when it said "2nd week film surprisingly tops Pattison film"

That was Hop topping Elephants. I would be more shocked if Elephants beat Hop. It was Madea that was the shocker that weekend.

(I also remember some headline about Snow White crushing everything)

This is how I see the $200m+ summer movies playing out.

1. Iron Man III: $410m

2. MoS: $310m

3. FF6: $240m

4. STID: $230m 

5. Despicable Me 2: $220m

6. Monsters Univ: $205m (yep, not a mistake)

Sucks that MoS will be the last $250m grosser for the summer IMO.

Wow so Bay's got another Hit movie with "The Purge".  Only 3.5 Million budget?  Everything is icing on the cake.  Congrats to Fast 6 and Trek12 for crossing 200 million.  IM3 will make 400 Million but will crawl there.  Congrats on overseas passing 800 million.  "Now You See Me" seems to be connecting, pretty good hold. "After Earth" is underperforming domestically but great overseas start this past weekend.  Overall decent weekend. 

Question is-will Now You See Me pass The Purge something this week on the dallies?

hopefully as soon as possible

My Q is

will it be able to be #3 next weekend :wub:

Edited by Leyla

The Purge was a joint deal with the guy who did Paranormal Activity. He's doing very well for himself.

It's shame the movie (apparently) isn't great, because the premise has limitless possibilities.

If by limitless you mean just running the gamut of violent crime then yeah.

Purge 2: Gang Rape Haven

Purge 3: University Dorm Room Massacre

Purge 4: Serial Killer Head Count

Sure, limitless loads of....fun?!

Edited by Captain Craig