AniNate

Pixels | Chris Columbus | July 24, 2015 | Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Michelle Monaghan, Josh Gad, Peter Dinklage

CULVER CITY, Calif., March 19, 2015 - The trailer for Sony Pictures Entertainment's Pixels, the highly anticipated action-comedy event film slated for release on July 24, 2015, generated 34.3 million views worldwide in its first 24 hours online, making it the studio's #1 trailer launch of all time. This debut bests the studio's previous record of 22 million streams in 24 hours for The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

• Like 2

They also used the wrong version of Donkey Kong. no one remembers the original.

I hope you werent expecting N64 Donkey Kong? That wont matter. Most people didnt recognize have the characters in Wreck It Ralph. How many kids know who QBert is? Didnt matter. No is is gonna go to the theater, look at the poster and say "hey wait, thats not Donkey Kong, who is this? This is a fraud. I wont accept it. Ugh, give me two tickets PAN instead please."

• Like 1

The trailer was made for clickbait. Just wait til it's July and RT is like, 17%.

That won't matter, just like it didn't matter for the Smurfs or TMNT.

I didn't like the trailer for its humor, but I thought it looked very good on effects, not chaeap at all.

I originally thought this could bomb, but now I could actually see it surprising like the smurfs did.

I don't think that will matter. Kids will eat this up.

This is (probably) PG-13, and Sandler is in it. Not to say that this won't have family audiences or anything, but it's not exactly a family film. This seems to be aiming for comedy/high-concept action adventure, i.e. Ghostbusters.

I'm not saying it won't be successful, but I'd be gobsmacked if it is in the top 10 box office this year.

Edited by goldenstate5

This is (probably) PG-13, and Sandler is in it. Not to say that this won't have family audiences or anything, but it's not exactly a family film. This seems to be aiming for comedy/high-concept action adventure, i.e. Ghostbusters.

I'm not saying it won't be successful, but I'd be gobsmacked if it is in the top 10 box office this year.

Probably not this year but this summer.

Edited by kayumanggi

Interesting premise, could have been awesome. wrong cast. awful trailer. 

Agreed. If it had the right people doing it, interesting things could be done. But terrible director + awful cast wasn't exactly promising, and then the trailer released and that's the nail in the coffin.

• Like 2

I hope you werent expecting N64 Donkey Kong? That wont matter. Most people didnt recognize have the characters in Wreck It Ralph. How many kids know who QBert is? Didnt matter. No is is gonna go to the theater, look at the poster and say "hey wait, thats not Donkey Kong, who is this? This is a fraud. I wont accept it. Ugh, give me two tickets PAN instead please."

Super nintendo actually. those games have a special place in my heart.  but he's still the same basically since then and the one everyone would recognize.