#ED

Wknd Est: DM2 - 44.7M ; GU2 - 42.5M; PR - 38.3M; Heat - 14M; TLR - 11.1M; MU - 10.6M (PG 100)

Most fan rush movies have between a  30-40% midnight share of their OD. Why would PR be different? It's a total fan rush movie.

Exactly. Films like this she tends to overestimate anyway. Family films are the ones she tens to underestimate.

This actually reminds me of Super 8 right now, I think her early numbers were in the low 40s.

• Like 1

I'll be happy with a number north of 40m. Especially 45m. I'm hoping for 50m, which is not even close to a crazy number at this point/ I understand that GDT has a fanbase as well as the concept causing a bit of a rush, but neither seem to amount to a fanbase significant enough to cause it to be too frontloaded. So I don't think it will.

I'll be happy with a number north of 40m. Especially 45m. I'm hoping for 50m, which is not even close to a crazy number at this point/ I understand that GDT has a fanbase as well as the concept causing a bit of a rush, but neither seem to amount to a fanbase significant enough to cause it to be too frontloaded. So I don't think it will.

I just hope it makes more than Grown Ups 2.

Well I'm guessing either Turbo or Red 2 to win next weekend. At first I was not thinking of much for Turbo, but the marketing has picked up.Now RIPD-it is like Green Lantern and Battleship. AKA I've seen the trailer at EVERY single film!

Most fan rush movies have between a  30-40% midnight share of their OD. Why would PR be different? It's a total fan rush movie.

Not really. Prometheus and Inception had less than a 20% share, as did Super 8, even if we counted the Thursday IMAX showings. PR wouldn't have as much of a rush factor as Prometheus did.

The only films that really pull those kinds of numbers 30%-40% are either giga blockbusters (TDK) or franchises like Twilight and Harry Potter.

• Like 1

I just finished watching the first season of Heroes.  Fantastic show.  Panatierre and Larter are ridiculously good looking.

Exactly. Films like this she tends to overestimate anyway. Family films are the ones she tens to underestimate.This actually reminds me of Super 8 right now, I think her early numbers were in the low 40s.

True. I said the same thing in the Thursday thread but I was considered a troll...

Are you fucking kidding me?! $3.6m accounting for FORTY PERCENT of its OD?! 40% is higher than HBP's 39%, New Moon's 36%, and right around DH1's 39.7%, TDKR's 40%. Are you KIDDING me?

ANY logical person knows that those midnight numbers are reserved for front-loaded blockbusters and horror movies ONLY. There is no way in hell it's going to account for that much, and you're being shockingly ignorant. There is no way it's going to do less than $15m today. 

Everyone, MovieMan89 thinks its OD will be $9m! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 5

I just finished watching the first season of Heroes.  Fantastic show.  Panatierre and Larter are ridiculously good looking.

Have you seen it all before? Fantastic first season but it descends into shit so fucking fast it's unbelievable.

• Like 2

Have you seen it all before? Fantastic first season but it descends into shit so fucking fast it's unbelievable.

I'm halfway through Season 4. I literally stopped watching after Season 3...which was years ago, lol. 

Never seen it.  The first season is awesome.  I'm about 20 minutes into episode 1 of season two and I don't like the tonal shift already.  Nathan is poor now, has a beard and lives in an apartment....lol...ok....whatever.

Don't ruin it for me....I'll be watching it all.