kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

7 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Is this a sequel to The Da Vinci Code? 

It is a sequel to The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons. You don't need to know anything about those to watch this one, tho.

1 hour ago, MrPink said:

:sadben:

Give me me the details 

There's a nice (if lazy) take on Chevaliers De Sangreal with some electronics that works. The rest is... unpleasant to listen to. Very strange (and lazy) reprises of Science and Religion from A&D too.

Zimmer has said the key word from Howard was 'disorientating' and that's certainly what he gave him. I'm sure it fits the film but it's really not fun at all. I'll stick with the first two.

• Like 1

I'm reading the book ahead of the film's domestic release, and I can't say I'm surprised that the reviews haven't been kind. Felicity Jones's character reminds me of the description of Rachel in the "Michael Bay's Dark Knight" script that made the Internet rounds in 2008 (She's the hottest woman in the world, but she also wears glasses because she's the smartest woman in the world!) and I cannot read any of Ben Foster's character's dialogue without instantly thinking of Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. :lol:

That said, I'll take a hot mess over the dreary self-seriousness of Angels & Demons.

Edited by Webslinger

45 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

I'm reading the book ahead of the film's domestic release, and I can't say I'm surprised that the reviews haven't been kind. Felicity Jones's character reminds me of the description of Rachel in the "Michael Bay's Dark Knight" script that made the Internet rounds in 2008 (She's the hottest woman in the world, but she also wears glasses because she's the smartest woman in the world!) and I cannot read any of Ben Foster's character's dialogue without instantly thinking of Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor. :lol:

That said, I'll take a hot mess over the dreary self-seriousness of Angels & Demons.

This is a very hot, hilarious at points, mess. And it is great to watch unfold. I was entertained the whole time. 

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

I might double-dip...

Just pre-ordered the Raimi Spider-Man movies from Zavvi.

I actually didn't own Da Vinci Code so it was the perfect opportunity. Angels & Demons also has a new steelbook but since I already own the digibook I didn't bought it again.

I wish those steels were released here. I still don't own the Raimi SM trilogy and it would be perfect to get them in those editions. The steels are beautiful. 

17 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This is a very hot, hilarious at points, mess. And it is great to watch unfold. I was entertained the whole time. The more I think about it, the more I believe it is actually my favorite of the three.

The books are complete hokum but clearly there is an audience since there are four books and three films. I wonder if The Lost Symbol will be adapted since it was in development before they opted to do Inferno, it's more American centric compared to the other three dealing with Freemasons, Dan Brown has another Langdon book coming next year so I suspect if this is successful, they'll adapt that instead.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

The books are complete hokum but clearly there is an audience since there are four books and three films. I wonder if The Lost Symbol will be adapted since it was in development before they opted to do Inferno, it's more American centric compared to the other three dealing with Freemasons, Dan Brown has another Langdon book coming next year so I suspect if this is successful, they'll adapt that instead.

The Lost Symbol was the worst received book of the four and that is why Sony never moved forward with it. Inferno got a better reception so they went with that instead.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

The Lost Symbol was the worst received book of the four and that is why Sony never moved forward with it. Inferno got a better reception so they went with that instead.

Is there any big changes in the film from the book? I've heard that the film ending is slightly different from the book