kayumanggi

INFERNO | 10.28.16 | Sony | final gross ● 34.34 M

45 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Interesting teaser. SO, uhm, I used to really be into this writer many years ago. I've read Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons before watching the films, but I haven't read anything from him for years. I wonder if I should try to read this book before the movie.  I guess I'll watch the full trailer before deciding.

You should read the book. It is very good. Not as good as A&D, but then again, only few books are.

• Like 2

I haven't re-visited the first movie and I never saw the second one... but my gf likes this book.  Everything else Ron Howard does is so great...  Hmm...

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Nice trailer, but what is it with the new trend of showing a short 5 second clip from the trailer right before the trailer starts? Seen it with every major trailer over the past 2 months now.

Why movie trailers now begin with five-second ads for themselves

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/22/11487410/movie-trailers-independence-day-jason-bourne

The Independence Daytrailer may run as an advertisement before another YouTube video, and viewers must be convinced to not click the "skip ad" button. Or the trailer may be shared on Facebook, in which case, those who come across it — people who may have their smartphones or laptops muted — must be convinced in a couple seconds to stop scrolling and give the full video a trailer.

• Like 3

Why did they have to put Tom Hank's name in big letters smack in the middle of the trailer after already doing it in the beginning of the trailer? I found that a bit odd and jarring.

Interesting trailer, probably very misleading as to the actual twists, which is of course a good thing for this kind of movie. Still thinking about whether to read the book or not. I'll probably give in and read it right before watching it.

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

should still pass 100m domestically. The book is a big seller

Angels & Demons only made 130M DOM. I doubt this one makes more than 70M.