RichWS

Monday Numbers

Imagine what a romcom with a decent cast would do surrounded by all those big male oriented summerblockbusters... Summer schedule this year is just horrible.

Universal missed a trick not scheduling About Time in summer, I think it would have done decently.

So Despicable Me 2 just passed Meet the Fockers and thus became Universal's highest grossing movie since the original Jurassic Park.

20 years and JP still hasn't been passed.  lol

• Like 2

Grown Ups 2 is having big Friday jumps and low Monday drops. :thinking:

I saw it again today (cheap Tuesday and I had a couple of hours to kill and it was the only one playing at the time) and once again the audience loved it.  They laughed and laughed and laughed some more. And TBH, I didn't hate it this time, I just disliked it.  The legs on this will be good.  It should have a good drop this weekend.

Changing your tune!

Slightly.  I gave it a 2 first time, now it's a 5 out of 10. Bad movie but not disgustingly horrible.

I saw it again today (cheap Tuesday and I had a couple of hours to kill and it was the only one playing at the time) and once again the audience loved it.  They laughed and laughed and laughed some more. And TBH, I didn't hate it this time, I just disliked it.  The legs on this will be good.  It should have a good drop this weekend.

It had a pretty good Sunday-Monday drop.

21 sellouts at my theater here in Toledo for discount Tuesday:

GU2 - 4

DM2 - 3

MU - 3

Conjuring - 2

Heat - 2

WWZ - 2

RIPD - 1

Red 2 - 1

Lone Ranger - 1

Pacific Rim - 1

Let Me Explain - 1

So where do we stand for the summer so far after these monday numbers? Lord, these low budget Horror movies are killing sh!t this year.  I wrote The Conjuring off way too soon.  I did the same with the Purge (Even though the legs didn't hold up but the budget was still low).  R.I.P.D. really was D.O.A. wow. I'm so hurt "Pacific Rim" isn't doing better domestically.  It's basically headed for "Prometheus" numbers if it's lucky domestically. Give Adam Sandler his props.  After "That's my Boy and Jack and Jill" he rebounded nicely with "Grownups 2".  It's clear this is a critic proof series and i'm sure there will be a "Grow Ups 3". "World War Z" is clearly one of the biggest winners of the summer domestically.  "Red 2" was iffy sequel but did pretty decent for it's budget. Nothing but love and kisses, lol for "DM2" and "MU" two great sequels that lived up to the their originals.  "The Lone Ranger" is a disaster.  

I can't believe it's struggling to make 100 Million dollars in the U.S. where The Lone Ranger TV show is a Classic and considered one of the greatest TV shows ever.  I seriously can not believe that "White House Down" is going to lose domestically to "Olympus has Fallen".  I mean talk about the surprise of the Summer. Come on "Man of Steel" Just 15 Million More to go.  It's to close to miss 300 man. "Fruitavale Station" which is getting great critical buzz and with the recent drama in the Trayvon Martin case I'm sure it will get some more love as the year goes on.  It's doing good for the amount of theaters it's in. Kevin Hart, This is the End and The Heat along with GU2 proved that Comedy is having a GREAT summer. 

tues looking like

TC 5.6m,DM2 4.4m, Tur 3.6,GU2 3.2, SR 2.5

Thanks Rth !

DM2 will enter the weekend with $290M.  It will hit $300M domestic after the weekend ! :)

Edited by Ent