RichWS

Monday Numbers

I saw Pacific Rim on Monday. It's not an experience I want to repeat anytime soon. It deserves its low box office total.

LOL I thought it was okay. But other people here seemed to love it a lot. Hate to see it not be a success.

great numbers for TC, i expect a not very high fall this weekend (not more than 55%) and then a $120 total, maybe more but it will have better legs than normal for a horror movie for sure (tomorow it will surprass The Devil Inside even tought they had the same OD)

I love experiencing awesome things. PR is just the opposite of awesome. PR is a horrible movie. Bad acting and bad action is just bad.

I'd like to live in that world of yours where PR has bad acting (when it does not) and bad action when it just has the best action ever put on screen besides Avatar, but of course that would entail actually knowing what you're talking about. 

Edited by RonSwanson

• Founder / Operator

Conjuring is definitely making 100.

Fo sho.

Fo shizzle!

THE FLOPPURING!

Yeah, it only made back its budget over opening weekend. What a disappointment!

Amazing!! So happy. That's a great hold. I was expecting about 56-58% drop.So glad that horror is doing so well during blockbuster season. Woohoo.

Imagine what a romcom with a decent cast would do surrounded by all those big male oriented summerblockbusters...

Summer schedule this year is just horrible.

Confused as to why some here are still using words like "likely" and "should" when referring to The Conjuring's chances of crossing 100mil. I considered it locked after the big opening weekend. It could suffer 50% drops every weekend from here on out and it'd still clear it with ease. 

Confused as to why some here are still using words like "likely" and "should" when referring to The Conjuring's chances of crossing 100mil. I considered it locked after the big opening weekend. It could suffer 50% drops every weekend from here on out and it'd still clear it with ease. 

While it was a strong possibility it would due to a great OW and strong WOM, horror movies very rarely manage 50% drops every weekend after opening so that kind of answers your own question.  The Conjuring is the exception to the rule that comes along every 5 years or so.

Edited by RyneOh1040

While it was a strong possibility it would due to a great OW and strong WOM, horror movies very rarely manage 50% drops every weekend after opening so that kind of answers your own question.  The Conjuring is the exception to the rule that comes along every 5 years or so.

I understand that, but even with bad legs it'd be difficult for it to miss that mark. Plus, it's been obvious since Sunday that this would have at least slightly better legs than the average horror flick. 

I understand that, but even with bad legs it'd be difficult for it to miss that mark. Plus, it's been obvious since Sunday that this would have at least slightly better legs than the average horror flick. 

Difficult, but not impossible.  Which is why I think most people (like myself) erred on the side of caution.  Glad to be wrong, it is the best horror release in quite some time and sends a message to a lot of the shit that gets put out from the genre.

Edited by RyneOh1040

Difficult, but not impossible.  Which is why I think most people (like myself) erred on the side of caution.  Glad to be wrong, it is the best horror release in quite some time and sends a message to a lot of the shit that gets put out from the genre.

It can still have a big second weekend drop regardless. Competition should always be considered, when it comes to predicting second weekend drop.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic
  • Like 1