RyneOh1040

Weekend Numbers

So, 6pm eastern and nothing more on Friday numbers than what we got in the first post? That's actually a little disappointing. Deadline/THR/Variety/etc letting us down.

Edited by kitik
  • Like 1

Torture? I think we have some really nice, funny conversations 

Yeah, that's nice for you... 5 or 10 members? Not so much for all the other 17.000 members that come here to learn about recent box office numbers and/or updates.

Sorry am I hijacking the thread with real movie talk?

Yes, someone should give you a warning for that.

Edited by Poseidon
  • Like 2

Would it be too much to ask for, if the starbucks discussion would find a new home in the General Messages-Subforum?

It would be easier to stand, if your on-topic posts would just be ignored, instead of being overshadowed by total offtopic-discussions.

And it would be much easier, to read through such a thread later. 30 pages on topic are nice lecture, 50 pages of usual derailed threads are torture.

No it's not too much to ask.

So, 6pm eastern and nothing more on Friday numbers than what we got in the first post? That's actually a little disappointing. Deadline/THR/Variety/etc letting us down.

Must not be much to talk about. :lol:

Edited by ECSTASY

Yeah, that's nice for you... 5 or 10 members? Not so much for all the other 17.000 members that come here to learn about recent box office numbers and/or updates.

Yes, someone should give you a warning for that.

Yeah, these weekend threads get pretty lengthy. Unfortunately, without steady updates, it's hard to stay constantly on topic. Some days the numbers just take forever to come in. We do try to keep the thread title and first post updated with any new info, at least.

• Like 1

I dont like coffee at all unless its got a shitload of milk/sugar in it. I've been drinking a ton of tea lately but I drink it with milk cause otherwise its bitter piss that burns my tongue.

Good coffee doesn't need sugar at all... though I do use half-n-half and/or whole milk.

Yeah, these weekend threads get pretty lengthy. Unfortunately, without steady updates, it's hard to stay constantly on topic. Some days the numbers just take forever to come in. We do try to keep the thread title and first post updated with any new info, at least.

How is it hard? If there is nothing to talk about, just don't.

Next time I'm bored, i'm going directly to the Star Wars thread to tell the world how relieved I have been after coming from the toilet that morning.

How is it hard? If there is nothing to talk about, just don't.

Next time I'm bored, i'm going directly to the Star Wars thread to tell the world how relieved I have been after coming from the toilet that morning.

Since this is a box-office forum, why not simply post only updates with hard numbers and have no discussion at all?

I understand your point, but it's simply not realistic. If what you want are numbers and numbers only, then it's probably best to check the thread late in the evening (Pacific time) in order to get Rth's estimates, and that's it. Or simply wait until tomorrow morning, when official Friday estimates will be released.

• Like 3

I saw Mud and The East today. Both will probably make my top 10 of the year. Mud will for sure. McConaughey gave an Oscar worthy performance as did the kid who played Ellis. Just a fantastic film.

I saw Mud the other day. Loved that shit.

I have a hard time deciding what my favorite of the year is. It's either Mud, Before Midnight, This Is The End or Place Beyond the Pines. Good year for flicks. Upstream Color, Great Gatsby and The World's End I like a lot too.

Since this is a box-office forum, why not simply post only updates with hard numbers and have no discussion at all?

I understand your point, but it's simply not realistic. If what you want are numbers and numbers only, then it's probably best to check the thread late in the evening (Pacific time) in order to get Rth's estimates, and that's it. Or simply wait until tomorrow morning, when official Friday estimates will be released.

Obviously that's not what I want. What's interesting is, to discuss those numbers, what they mean, what could be, what it's going to do in total from that estimate, how are the estimates developing, what those numbers are going to mean for a franchises future etc.

There's so much you can talk about other than coffee on such a weekend. This is Wolverine opening, not Jonah Hex.

Most people go to to Starbucks for the status. Its like youre a peasant if you walk around with McDonald's or Dunkin Donuts coffee, but if youre carrying a Starbucks its like youre elite, but really you just look like a tightwad who paid $6 for 10 oz of coffee.

Whoa what?  A venti coffee at Starbucks where I live is only $2.45

Obviously that's not what I want. What's interesting is, to discuss those numbers, what they mean, what could be, what it's going to do in total from that estimate, how are the estimates developing, what those numbers are going to mean for a franchises future etc.

There's so much you can talk about other than coffee on such a weekend. This is Wolverine opening, not Jonah Hex.

Yeah, but there's very little to go on, numbers-wise. However, a way to direct the conversation away from coffee is to bring up another topic, one related to box-office. What do you think of that Friday number? Does the internal multiplier make sense? How does Logan like his coffee? 

• Like 3

Never found it funny tbh.

There's a movie coming out so I decided to binge on Partridge in preparation, and I've found the show hilarious. There are more than enough laugh out loud moments in every episode.