Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

I don't know if I'll laugh or cry when we find that this is really some 28 year old virgin still living with his parents behind all this. I wasn't even that excited to see the movie (although the combo of Rogen/Franco and a potentially controversial comedy was always enough to get my $11), but this all made me want to see it more than ever as a big fuck you to the hacker. Now, I'm downright furious.

• Like 1

Pascal was going to be fired either way but the hack means that Sony will nuke the entire SPE leadership and reboot with new people. I think there is a 20-25% chance that the studio itself won't survive if the lawsuits (and they are coming) go out of hand.

• Like 1

She kind of deserves it. Just the racial jokes were bad enough for termination in light of all the racial tension throughout the country. You're a fucking leader of a huge corporation. Show some maturity.

Because you really think that you wouldn't find dirt in emails in the other five studios or in any major corporation or in any company period ?

Have you read tthe fucking emails from shameless banksters of Wall Street who were insulting their own clients in their emails while taking positions on the market AGAINST them ?

That s human nature for you, there are millions of Amy Pascal out there, don't fool yourself.

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/PamelaBrownCNN/status/545335658085367810

@PamelaBrownCNN

#BREAKING Sony deciding not to move forward with planned Dec. 25th release of "The Interview" after majority of theatre chains pull the plug

http://www.thewrap.com/sony-scraps-the-interview-release-we-have-decided-not-to-move-forward/

“In light of the decision by the majority of our exhibitors not to show the film The Interview, we have decided not to move forward with the planned December 25 theatrical release. We respect and understand our partners’ decision and, of course, completely share their paramount interest in the safety of employees and theater-goers.

Sony Pictures has been the victim of an unprecedented criminal assault against our employees, our customers, and our business. Those who attacked us stole our intellectual property, private emails, and sensitive and proprietary material, and sought to destroy our spirit and our morale – all apparently to thwart the release of a movie they did not like. We are deeply saddened at this brazen effort to suppress the distribution of a movie, and in the process do damage to our company, our employees, and the American public. We stand by our filmmakers and their right to free expression and are extremely disappointed by this outcome.”

Edited by antovolk

This is complete bullshit and really pisses me off. Not just because I was really looking forward to it, but because of the horrible precedent it sets. :angry:
  • Like 6

Such an ugly precedent. Wait til the next movie that makes fun of religion comes around

This is an exceptional case. Sony has been badly bloodied and they don't want additional lawsuits if anything goes wrong. This is a purely financial decision. They are taking the loss to prevent potentially bigger losses.

• Like 3