Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

VOD won't even make money for Sony. People will just torrent it. People would totally see this in theaters though.

By the way, I am voting this as the number one box office story of the year. With such a weak year, this is by far the most interesting thing to happen.

Edited by CloneWars
  • Like 10

How would a VOD work? Theaters chains are scared to show it, so why wouldnt cable providers be scared? And Itunes just had all those nudes leaked, do they really want to put it on Itunes movies, and Netflix? And then if they just go direct to DVD, next youll have Walmart and Target and Best Buy getting threatened.

Do you threaten to bomb the corporate headquarters of every single one of those companies? And how long before some company says "you're full of shit" and doesn't comply? It's a paper dragon.

(iTunes didn't have anything to do with the nude leaks).

They need to pull a Beyoncé and just drop it without any promotion sometime in January. No one would have time to plan an attack and we can all enjoy Kim Jong Un's exploding head like we enjoyed his father getting blown up in puppet form ten years ago.

Edited by PatrickvD
  • Like 9

They need to pull a Beyoncé and just drop it without any promotion sometime in January. No one would have time to plan an attack and we can all enjoy Kim Jong Un's exploding head like we enjoyed his father getting blown up in puppet form ten years ago.

Actually he was impaled on a German helmet and then emerged as a cock roach. Seriously, how the fuck did that not generate more controversy in 2004?!

North Korea Behind Sony Hack: U.S. Officials
By Pete Williams, Robert Windrem and Jonathan Dienst

U.S. officials now say they believe North Korea was behind the computer hacking attack on Sony Entertainment.

The officials say the hacking attack originated outside North Korea, but they believe the individuals behind it were acting on orders from the North Koreans.

"We have found linkage to the North Korean government," according to a U.S. government source.

The officials offered no further details.

• Like 1

Do you threaten to bomb the corporate headquarters of every single one of those companies? And how long before some company says "you're full of shit" and doesn't comply? It's a paper dragon.

(iTunes didn't have anything to do with the nude leaks).

Well that applies here. Are they gonna bomb all 3,000 theaters? Or are they gonna bomb Regal corporate, Cinemark corporate, AMC corporate, etc? Theres no credible reason to cancel other than pressure from other studios because they already know this Xmas will be weak as hell And they dont want to lose anymore.

And Im saying Apple in general. The leaked nudes showed they can be compromised, so putting it in the Itunes catalologue could be "threatening." And Target, etc. keeps getting hacked once a year so we know theyre vulnerable as well. Unless its deduced as some dude in a basement, I dont see retailers taking the risk. Directv, Comcost, Charter, etc maybe, but I dont know.

• Like 1

Well that applies here. Are they gonna bomb all 3,000 theaters? Or are they gonna bomb Regal corporate, Cinemark corporate, AMC corporate, etc? Theres no credible reason to cancel other than pressure from other studios because they already know this Xmas will be weak as hell And they dont want to lose anymore.

And Im saying Apple in general. The leaked nudes showed they can be compromised, so putting it in the Itunes catalologue could be "threatening." And Target, etc. keeps getting hacked once a year so we know theyre vulnerable as well. Unless its deduced as some dude in a basement, I dont see retailers taking the risk. Directv, Comcost, Charter, etc maybe, but I dont know.

Well, I agree with you about the theaters (and Sony) capitulating. But I don't see any heightened threat against a retailer selling a VOD title. People try to hack them anyway. Shit, if Sony wants to eat the cost, they should just put an official release on torrent sites.

Again: what is North Korea going to do? It's all bluster. If they (or their representatives or agents) actually bomb or commit some physical act of violence within the US, that's an act of war. And regardless of whether it will damage us (and/or South Korea), going to war means Kim and his cronies are fucked. If the threats are being made by a group without the official backing of NK, then they don't have the capability to launch any sort of significant attack anyway.

• Like 4

Well, I agree with you about the theaters (and Sony) capitulating. But I don't see any heightened threat against a retailer selling a VOD title. People try to hack them anyway. Shit, if Sony wants to eat the cost, they should just put an official release on torrent sites.

Again: what is North Korea going to do? It's all bluster. If they (or their representatives or agents) actually bomb or commit some physical act of violence within the US, that's an act of war. And regardless of whether it will damage us (and/or South Korea), going to war means Kim and his cronies are fucked. If the threats are being made by a group without the official backing of NK, then they don't have the capability to launch any sort of significant attack anyway.

The movie has been made and people will eventually see it. North Korea wins because no other studio will touch a movie about North Korea with a 10 ft pole any time soon.

• Like 1

Holy shit. I can't believe they've actually cancelled it. This is insane...

It's particularly interesting since it's coming from North Korea, a country about as dangerous as my cat. Not to mention that it's unlikely that they could bomb 3,500 different cinemas.

VOD is not going to work either.

Is Sony still releasing the movie overseas?

They haven't said.

Edited by treeroy

The movie has been made and people will eventually see it. North Korea wins because no other studio will touch a movie about North Korea with a 10 ft pole any time soon.

You don't see a Team America 2 releasing in 2016? ;)

• Like 1