Gopher

The Interview | Limited Release on December 25, 2014

Sony could make a statement by posting the entire film to Pirate Bay or some other torrent site, which are unlikely to be taken down by hackers. Even if the torrent site were crashed, it wouldn't hurt any of the major, legitimate streaming sites.

Except Sony needs to make money off of this, and just putting it online for free means they don't win as a business.

Sony is a business, so if Sony will find a way to release it online, it DEFINITELY won't be through The Pirate Bay.

Sony posting the movie on Piratebay means they're supporting piracy which you know the industry is trying to fight as well

They should have done just a limited release in NY or LA ala Oscar movies instead of cancelling it, or just "postponed" it instead of cancelling it

Terrific interview with George Clooney, where he discusses how he feels about it and what he tried to do about it.

http://deadline.com/2014/12/george-clooney-sony-hollywood-cowardice-north-korea-cyberattack-petition-1201329988/

You know, I admire and respect Clooney a hell of a lot, but he is seen as part of the old Hollywood crew so to speak. It would have been great for current big names or even studios to speak out in support of sony.

If Downey or Kevin Feige signed the petition and released a statement, or people like Kevin Hart, Christian Bale or Jennifer Lawrence it would have created a snowball effect.

You know, I admire and respect Clooney a hell of a lot, but he is seen as part of the old Hollywood crew so to speak. It would have been great for current big names or even studios to speak out in support of sony.

If Downey or Kevin Feige signed the petition and released a statement, or people like Kevin Hart, Christian Bale or Jennifer Lawrence it would have created a snowball effect.

I don't think anyone should speak in favour of Sony or the theater chains that refused to show this,

• Like 2

http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/northkorea/2014/12/21/0401000000AEN20141221003700315.html

SEOUL, Dec. 21 (Yonhap) -- North Korea threatened to carry out ultra-harsh military action on U.S. soil Sunday, one day after U.S. President Barack Obama vowed a proportional response against the North's alleged hacking attack into Sony Pictures.

In a follow-up to the FBI's recent hacking accusation against Pyongyang, Obama vowed Friday (U.S time) to "respond proportionally," hinting at retaliatory action over the communist country's alleged hacking attack on the distributor of a controversial movie about North Korea, "The Interview."

North Korea had been suspected of involvement in last month's cyberattack on Sony after the country's repeated warnings against the firm's plan to release the movie, dealing with an assassination plot targeting North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

I don't think anyone should speak in favour of Sony or the theater chains that refused to show this,

I dont mean in favour. I mean in support of sony against the hackers. They were hung out to dry by the rest of Hollywood during all the leaks. If more people had publicly backed them and been against pulling the movie, then the theaters and sony might not have caved in.

Edited by RaidensSword

LOL, RT consensus:  Unfortunately overshadowed by controversy (and under-screened as a result), The Interview's screenplay offers middling laughs bolstered by its two likable leads.

I feel so obligated to see this movie after all this shit, I don't care at all if its mediocre.

• Like 5

China finally lets us know what they think: http://www.theverge.com/2014/12/21/7430377/china-criticizes-us-and-sony-pictures-says-the-interview-is-nothing

They say it's "nothing to be proud of". I say "we'll be the judge of that".

China and North Korea don't understand artistic license. We don't censor things for being in poor taste. They don't understand that, because they just ban things they don't like.

• Like 4

Boies appeared on NBC’s “Meet the Press” on Sunday and claimed that Sony’s controversial comedy “The Interview” “will be distributed.” How it will be distributed, however, he admitted is unclear right now.

“Sony only delayed this,” Boies told “Meet the Press” host Chuck Todd. “Sony has been fighting to get this picture distributed. It will be distributed. How it’s going to be distributed, I don’t think anybody knows quite yet. But it’s going to be distributed.”

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/sony-lawyer-says-the-interview-will-be-distributed-1201384905/