Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

I had totally allowed myself to forget about this film till I saw the announcement of the trailer today. 

My money says Dom is "betraying" his "family" because he's being framed. His cooperation with Theron's villain is in order to protect Mia, his blood family and her child. 

I've seen all but 2 in the theaters, I imagine I'll see this one as well depending on time. 

• Like 1

Very impressive trailer, no doubt. :)

But there is something that kinda makes me wonder. :thinking:

Why does it looks like that Dominic Toretto is nearly almost betraying his own friends and family? Doesn't that make it nearly far out of character for Dom? :(

This is the guy, the Fast & the Furious-fans have connected themselves to in 16 years....and now they decided to make him a character that nearly turn against his own family that he knew in his whole life?

There might be a split of people having two different reactions. One reaction would be "Oh, no! Dom is turning against his family! Why? Dom would never do this to them". Then the other reaction would be "Hmm....interesting. Dom is turning to the dark side. This should be interesting to see". 

Or maybe there is a theory about why......maybe he is brainwashed or just out of his mind?

I dunno. We won't see the movie yet until it comes out in April...and it's just a trailer. But man.....i did not expect something like this to happen in the trailer.

Are there anyone else who is surprised/shocked by this?

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

34 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I can't tell if this is legit or if Futurist is trolling :kitschjob: 

Seems like something Vin would say and I hope it's true

Time for BOT to spam the Fast facebook page with space comments

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Very impressive trailer, no doubt. :)

But there is something that kinda makes me wonder. :thinking:

Why does it looks like that Dominic Toretto is nearly almost betraying his own friends and family? Doesn't that make it nearly far out of character for Dom? :(

This is the guy, the Fast & the Furious-fans have connected themselves to in 16 years....and now they decided to make him a character that nearly turn against his own family that he knew in his whole life?

There might be a split of people having two different reactions. One reaction would be "Oh, no! Dom is turning against his family! Why? Dom would never do this to them". Then the other reaction would be "Hmm....interesting. Dom is turning to the dark side. This should be interesting to see". 

Or maybe there is a theory about why......maybe he is brainwashed or just out of his mind?

I dunno. We won't see the movie yet until it comes out in April...and it's just a trailer. But man.....i did not expect something like this to happen in the trailer.

Are there anyone else who is surprised/shocked by this?

Quite obvious he's being blackmailed here. The villain probably has his sister.

I would be very surprised if the twist didn't involve blackmail.

Edited by Arlborn

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i dunno if anyone's seen that animated scooby doo movie where shaggy turns into a werewolf and has to do a wacky race with dracula, frankenstein, the mummy etc. but hey, if universal wants to do something interesting with their monster movies...

Oh shit, I remember that one. I loved it as a kid

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i dunno if anyone's seen that animated scooby doo movie where shaggy turns into a werewolf and has to do a wacky race with dracula, frankenstein, the mummy etc. but hey, if universal wants to do something interesting with their monster movies...

Oh, i remember that movie. Scooby Doo and the Reluctant Werewolf, is what it's called. Very funny Scooby-Doo flick.

Charlize Theron is always entertaining as a villainous character, and I hope that she does not disappoint here.

I am surprised she still has not been snatched up by DC or Marvel to play a superpowered character. She would kick ass as Catwoman, Enchantress (the Marvel one, obviously), Morgan Le Fey (pay attention, Dr. Strange sequel!), or Cheetah (ditto, Wonder Woman sequel!).   

Edited by Cochofles
  • Like 1

I don't see it topping $1.5B no. I think that was the clear peak of the franchise. But to be clear, I don't see Marvel topping Avengers or Star Wars Episode 8 topping 7. I don't see Avatar 2 topping Avatar. 

I can see this settling in around the 1.1 mark.  Some will have a fit and say the franchise is dying. I feel the last one also had a Paul Walker bump.  How much of it was attributed to his death is difficult to calculate. I think it was headed towards a billion+ either way. 

• Like 5

19 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Quite obvious he's being blackmailed here. The villain probably has his sister.

Theyve kidnapped Mia like twice already. They dont have her. Then theyd have to bring Brian and the baby back into it too. Plus J Brewster isnt even in this one anyway.

4 minutes ago, jandrew said:

Theyve kidnapped Mia like twice already. They dont have her. Then theyd have to bring Brian and the baby back into it too. Plus J Brewster isnt even in this one anyway.

Isn't she? I really thought she was, thanks for the info.

Well, there's still blackmail going on, I wonder over what now though.