Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

3 minutes ago, Frozen said:

This, Beauty and Beast, Star Wars 8, Guardians and Pirates for top 5 next year?

Pirates 5 is an outlier, could very well be on the edge of the top 10 depending on if it looks interesting enough to get people back. Like TF5, it's a franchise that's been on the decline, both need a FFurious4 type franchise revival. 

37 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

Pirates 5 is an outlier, could very well be on the edge of the top 10 depending on if it looks interesting enough to get people back. Like TF5, it's a franchise that's been on the decline, both need a FFurious4 type franchise revival. 

I just think people eat up the Jack Sparrow character so much that it's bound to break out. Although I think Furious 8 could finish above it.

2 hours ago, abra said:

‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Shatters Worldwide Record For Most Viewed Trailer

http://deadline.com/2016/12/the-fate-of-the-furious-vin-diesel-dwayne-johnson-jason-statham-1201869572/

Awesome! You would think that the new Spider-Man trailer would do this, but I am glad that it happened to a film I actually want to see!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Captain Craig said:

Wasn't Fast Five the one that revived the franchise? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crossfire said:

Wasn't Fast Five the one that revived the franchise? 

No. 4 was the one that brought everyone together again and it made a lot money, more so than anyone expected at the time.

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

This is Fast & Furious's Dark Knight Rises. (Expect a drop too)

yeah but there's nowhere to go but down from $1.5 billion. I haven't read much about expansion in worldwide markets but they already had China on lockdown. I think anything over a billion is a big win for this, I think it'll be fine here in the states. Nobody wants to be the guy who didn't go see this fuckery opening weekend. It should do huge business OW and then cruise after that regardless of the quality (and it looks like they haven't lost their touch on what has made this a success).

• Like 1