Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

Holy shit, I'm not sure how many markets this is opening in next weekend other than domestic and China, but is there a possibility that it not only becomes the highest overseas opener of all time but the highest global opening of all time too?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Holy shit, I'm not sure how many markets this is opening in next weekend other than domestic and China, but is there a possibility that it not only becomes the highest overseas opener of all time but the highest global opening of all time too?

Yeah, I was discussing this in the buzz and tracking thread. It's opening in all major markets on the 14th so it'll have a massive global opening. I don't think it will beat the record for global opening but it should smash the international opening record.

I think we've got a good idea of the likely numbers from NA and China (around $120M and and $170M-$200M respectively). It's the overseas markets minus China that will be the X-Factor. I'm not sure what to expect there.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

average rating is low. I think this will drop. No guarantee it stays fresh. Still its better than what I expected based on trailers.

Fast & Furious 6 average rating is just 6.2 and it is fresh. Most folks just need to give this a fresh and if the average score stays around 6, it will be alright :P 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DAJK said:

Well, the only movies to open over $500M on Worldwide Openings, are Star Wars: Force Awakens & Jurassic World.

But they had large DOM-openings as well that helped those WW-numbers. I'm not sure if Fast 8 will open massive enough DOM-wise to top those films.

4 hours ago, JB33 said:

Yeah, I was discussing this in the buzz and tracking thread. It's opening in all major markets on the 14th so it'll have a massive global opening. I don't think it will beat the record for global opening but it should smash the international opening record.

I think we've got a good idea of the likely numbers from NA and China (around $120M and and $170M-$200M respectively). It's the overseas markets minus China that will be the X-Factor. I'm not sure what to expect there.

You should start to think in over $200m opening in China.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

https://theringer.com/fast-furious-rankings-d20e77387cce

This is a fantastic piece for anybody who's going through the Furious franchise or knows it inside out. I am so glad that Fast Five got recognition for the Dom and Brian talk where he remembers everything about his faduh. Best bonding moment

Shea always delivers

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm unreasonably excited for Friday. Do I go to IMAX? Lie Max? Dolby Cinema?

The thought of seeing F8 in a museum excites me.

*clap* *clap* UDVAR *clap* *clap* HAZY

• Like 1