Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

46 minutes ago, Apollo2xx said:

For me... it is one of the best Fast and Furious movie if not the best (F7 had more impact).

They could have tightened the cast, excised some extraneous scenes, staged the ice-chase a little better but the insanity surrounding a submarine chasing a bunch of cars including a Lamborghini   is probably enough for the GA. That zombie car scene is go-for-broke insane but that is nothing like it in movies.

1 hour ago, SophieSlut said:

Guys, let's talk about the actual BOX OFFICE. (That's kinda why I'm on this site :) )

As baumer said, weekend thread has all sorts of discussions about how much this is making, ranging from THIS FRANCHISE IS DEAD AND A FLOP" to "THIS WILL MAKE 1B IN CHINA ALONE". Check it out and have fun with that.

2 hours ago, cheesypoofs said:

I am most likely seeing this on Monday... Where do you guys rank it?

Eh, from 4 to 8:

I quite liked this one as you can see.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Hide contents

In what way was it awkward? Did people over there feel it was offensive appropriation?

And yeah, that scene right at the end with them all together felt a bit weird like there was hidden CGI going on or something.

Also that scene after they destroyed the sub and saved Vin when the whole crew was celebrating together, you know? I don't think they actually showed him and Vin together in any frame there.

The feud is probably real but honestly? Dwayne was fabulous here, they gotta do everything to bring him back for the next ones cause I'm sure by now he's one of the biggest draws in it, specially domestically I'd imagine. Make him a producer or something but just bring him back to the family.

Spoiler

I don't think  people were offended persay, but it definitely seemed a bit like it was played for laughs rather than actually respecting it. I think people got a bit more into it as it went along but it just seemed a little weird. Don't think anyone's gonna make a big deal out of it but who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:
Spoiler

The soccer scene as a whole was just super awkward. No idea why the fuck its in the movie.

Spoiler

Just to show how much he enjoys being with his daughter and to make his decision to not accept his job back at the end of the movie make sense I guess. It might somewhat play into the plot in a future movie.

Granted they could have achieved it in a million other ways.

Just now, Arlborn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

yeah. but I mean even with all that it doesn't pay off in the end. The Rock in this movie is transformed into a completely self obsessed meat head and I really wanted to see Statham beat the shit out of him

Calling it right now, if there is ever a Luke Hobbs spin-off, some poor SOB is going to kidnap his daughter, and Hobbs and Shaw team up.

And then when all seems lost at the end, Dom and the crew come and help save the day. It'll be glorious!!!!!!

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Fuck Vin Diesel. We don't even need him in the spin-off. He's old, he's over, he's irrelevant.

The Shaw/Hobbes trilogy can make billions without him. It'll be spectacular cinema.

• Like 2

Diesel is the main producer on the film so he would have to sign off on the Rock and Statham spin off and yes his ego is out of control.  He did have that scene cut at the end.  No idea why he would care that much but he does.  anything that seems to take the focus off him and he cries and throws a hissy fit like a child.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, baumer said:

Diesel is the main producer on the film so he would have to sign off on the Rock and Statham spin off and yes his ego is out of control.  He did have that scene cut at the end.  No idea why he would care that much but he does.  anything that seems to take the focus off him and he cries and throws a hissy fit like a child.

The money would be crazy. Universal need to go around his back and get this spin-off made.

5 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

At least Vin is likable unlike a certain Dwayne The Rock Johnosn

Who told you to type this lie? Vin Diesel cant get a hit outside F&F. The Rock, however has millions 

Spoiler

AND MILLIONS

of fans around the world.

Edited by AJG
  • Like 8