Neo

The Fate of the Furious | 4.14.2017

1 minute ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

How did you feel about Fast Five, Fast and Furious 6 and Furious 7?

I like each new entry less than the previoua because o felt they were all the same(though o don't remember which is which).I though all 3 were a good one-and-done deal for an evening at the cinemas.Maybe even lime the earlier entries after Tokyo Drift,which i hate.I was growing more and more indifferent as the series peogresses.

becomes the soulless and bombastic drama Universal is shoving down our throats

That expression rarely make much sense to me, but that is an extreme of it, it is not like it was hidden from the marketing or the previous entry, how are they shoving anything in anyone throats ?, people actively choose to see those movie, no one is ever forced (it is not like parents making a special effort for a kid movie).

I suspect many people love more than they want to admit to watch movie that they will love to consider bad afterward and complain about (I even read somewhere, I watched all the Transformer and each were worst that the previous one...).

Just now, filmlover said:

Gotta love this out of nowhere love for Tokyo Drift when it's basically been the completely forgotten, "let's pretty much sweep this under a rug" entry in the entire series this whole time.

How did they do that? They brought back one of the characters and they integrated it into Fast 7. If anything it is more well known now than before 

3 minutes ago, John Marston said:

How did they do that? They brought back one of the characters and they integrated it into Fast 7. If anything it is more well known now than before 

They wanted to throw it a bone (and for us to laugh at the notion that 30-something Lucas Black was a teenager).

Just read that they're screening Fast 8 only in one of the theaters in my country. 39 screenings tonight. Every 10 minutes. And every showing is sold out. All other movies will not get a single screening for the rest of the weekend in that theater. :winomg:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

They wanted to throw it a bone (and for us to laugh at the notion that 30-something Lucas Black was a teenager).

yeah but I am guessing a lot of people who didn't see Tokyo Drift back in 2006 went back and watched it now so it is likely more popular now than before

lol, Lucas Black being 33 and playing a teenager is no doubt why he only had a cameo in Fast 7 and isn't back for this despite them saying he was "joining the family"

Edited by John Marston
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

lol, Lucas Black being 33 and playing a teenager is no doubt why he only had a cameo in Fast 7 and isn't back for this despite them saying he was "joining the family"

That's why they brought Scott Eastwood on board to fill that "pretty white male" void.

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

How in the hell did Vin Diesel end up absorbing so much creative power? Sympathy from when Walker died (given the reports that he hated going to the set of Furious 7 every day following his death)?

Probably when the series started to fall down without is cast, with Tokyo drift, turning the situation into we need those without contract actor back or we stop that franchise.

He became a producer on Fast And Furious and the franchise jumped back to 130%, augmenting even more is power for the next one, what the studio could say to him for the next movie ?

It must be common for stars of a franchise that want power to acquire it, if at one point their presence were necessary for the movie to happen and if the franchise use "weak" director, that accept to do movies with an actor/producer/studio that have final cut over them.

Apparently he call the highest studio execs all the time, but it still does sound far from Cruise power on Mission Impossible.

Edited by Barnack