kitik

Weekend est pg 22 - 2 Guns 27.4, Wolv 21.7, Smurfs 18.2

I already explained in my spoiler.

Mad because of the amount of time Mehserle got in prison. They already knew he dies...

The number of people, particularly Black Americans, who don't know the full story behind that film is surprising to me. Maybe I just follow the news than most, but every detail of that case is etched into my mind.

The video of Mehserle pulling his gun and deliberately shooting Grant as he lay helpless on the subway platform is something I will never forget. It took weeks of civil unrest to even convince the prosecutors to charge Mehserle with any crime, just as in the Zimmerman case. The lenient sentence given the officer was actually less of a surprise than the fact that he was even convicted at all. Most killer cops walk.

ETA: The things that I wrote about are not "spoilers," they're facts, part of recent history. Calling that "spoilers" would be like editing posts about the Zimmerman trial in the event of a future movie to hide the verdict for fear of spoiling the film for someone. I suppose that when Jeremy Renner's upcoming Gary Webb biopic comes out we'll have to discuss the true events in Webb's life under spoiler tags, too. Spoiler:

Webb dies in the end, supposedly committing suicide by shooting himself in the head

twice. 

:rolleyes:

Edited by Talkie
  • Like 1

The number of people, particularly Black Americans, who don't know the full story behind that film is surprising to me. Maybe I just follow the news more than most, but every detail of that case is etched into my mind.

The video of Mehserle pulling his gun and deliberately shooting Grant as he lay helpless on the subway platform is something I will never forget. It took weeks of civil unrest to even convince the prosecutors to charge Mehserle with any crime, just as in the Zimmerman case. The lenient sentence given the officer was actually less of a surprise than the fact that he was even convicted at all. Most killer cops walk.[

/size]

Spoilers, buddy. Despite it being a true story, many aren't familiar with the details.

Thank god the smurfs numbers are god awful. Ya the past few weeks there hasn't been anything good. I been mainly focusing on the smaller films like Way Way Back and The To Do List Now but the next few weeks there is something I want to see.

Elysium, Kick-Ass 2, The World's End all look like films I really want to go see. 

I feat that TW will come in under 6 as Nikki's numbers lately have been too high

If you give it a somewhat average jump of 55%, that would be $6.75M.

Maybe that's a big too much, but still, it ought to be over 6.