Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

16 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

I am assuming no Shia Lebouf in this. Is it a reboot or they are just recasting his character. 

I suspect given how  unpopular the character was he is going to be written out a la Jar Jar...probably will be mentioned but not shown.

No need for a total reboot.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

It's a sequel, but I'm guessing they'll just ignore his character completely given how divisive the previous movie was.

Although they'll probably give Ford a much younger sidekick anyway (in before they cast George MacKay to capitalize on 1917).

This. They need a younger character who can do the stuff in the big action scenes. Would not be surprised  if it's a she instead of a he.

In fact apparently the script of Indy 4 was written in such a way that Indy's offspring could be either a son or a daughter; it was Shia's then short lived popularity that caused them to go with a son.

On 2/27/2020 at 4:23 AM, Chucky said:

I'm sure they are deeply upset by this

Yea, but it's not just one person feeling this way.....it's me and my friends and probably plenty of others.  Look, if Spielberg is being greedy and asking for too much then I get why Disney is saying no thanks but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  Spielberg is just as much a reason to see an Indy movie as Ford is.  My excitement for this is really taken a hit now that he is out.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

This. They need a younger character who can do the stuff in the big action scenes. Would not be surprised  if it's a she instead of a he.

In fact apparently the script of Indy 4 was written in such a way that Indy's offspring could be either a son or a daughter; it was Shia's then short lived popularity that caused them to go with a son.

It was actually something that was decided on very early, years before they came close to getting a script done. The first attempt at a script included a teenage daughter, but Spielberg asked for this to be changed into a son, because he just had a teenage girl with similar character traits in his (then) most recent Jurassic Park movie. The age obviously went up due to all the years it took to get to the final script.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2020 at 6:14 AM, keysersoze123 said:

I am assuming no Shia Lebouf in this. Is it a reboot or they are just recasting his character. 

I’d actually be okay with Shia LaBeouf returning, he’s proven himself to be a good actor in the years since 2008 (Honey Boy, Peanut Butter Falcon, etc), the problem wasn’t him as an actor, it was the way he was written and the material he had to work with (literally nobody would have been able to make the vine swinging scene look anything but goofy as hell). Now that it’s 12 years later it would stand to reason that his character would be more mature and less hyperactive. Personally I hope they don’t just Jar Jar him. Although I suppose it all depends on if Shia himself actually wants to come back, after all the vitriol he received from Crystal Skull I wouldn't blame him for turning down Indy 5.

• Like 1

As if the stuff Indy gets away with in the first 3 films is any different than what he survives or does in Crystal Skull.

This nuke the fridge bullshit-lie-fake news-urban legend is when I discover the brainwashing power of the Internet.

If something is repeated long enough,  it becomes the truth.

You don't want to deviate from the norm so you submit to the thinking of your herd.

Can't believe Spielberg actually adressed it and sorta excused himself.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:39 PM, baumer said:

Yea, but it's not just one person feeling this way.....it's me and my friends and probably plenty of others.  Look, if Spielberg is being greedy and asking for too much then I get why Disney is saying no thanks but that doesn't mean I have to like it.  Spielberg is just as much a reason to see an Indy movie as Ford is.  My excitement for this is really taken a hit now that he is out.

But Spielberg got so much shit by a bunch of idiots after that last movie that he probably thinks he's too old to deal with all the toxic fanboys when the movie doesn't live up to their unrealistic expectations. I wouldn't bother either if i was him

50 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

As if the stuff Indy gets away with in the first 3 films is any different than what he survives or does in Crystal Skull.

This nuke the fridge bullshit-lie-fake news-urban legend is when I discover the brainwashing power of the Internet.

If something is repeated long enough,  it becomes the truth.

You don't want to deviate from the norm so you submit to the thinking of your herd.

Can't believe Spielberg actually adressed it and sorta excused himself.

People complaining about the Aliens made me laugh. Reincarnation and ghost spirits in a box is fine but aliens is where people drew the line? It got the most stick for that despite being more realistic than the others

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, kitik said:

Nobody thought it would make this date anyways, but now it's been pushed to July 29, 2022

https://deadline.com/2020/04/black-widow-mulan-artemis-fowl-marvel-movies-release-date-changes-box-office-coronavirus-1202900118/

really cute of them that they are pretending this movie is still happening. at least they dropped pretense that SW movie is happening. No mention of that one for Dec 2022 and doubtful that's becuase of corona. that date never felt right, it was a ploy for investors. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, kitik said:

Nobody thought it would make this date anyways, but now it's been pushed to July 29, 2022

https://deadline.com/2020/04/black-widow-mulan-artemis-fowl-marvel-movies-release-date-changes-box-office-coronavirus-1202900118/

I'll believe this date when i see it. I don't think this movie is ever happening, like apart from the studio none of the principles seem to want it.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 3:15 AM, Chucky said:

People complaining about the Aliens made me laugh. Reincarnation and ghost spirits in a box is fine but aliens is where people drew the line? It got the most stick for that despite being more realistic than the others

I see you miss the point. point is the Aliens were so badly handled;they were just not as interesting as the previous Indy threats. Supernatural threats work in the Indy world, the aliens did not.

Reality does not enter into the question;it is all about the execution.

I don't think Indy 4 was as bad as some people say,but it nowhere near good enough for a Indy Jones film.

Edited by dudalb