Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Not a big Collider fan, but seems to me they sum up why the Ford story should be taken with a ton of salt; serious per production on the film has not even started....

https://collider.com/indiana-jones-5-filming-harrison-ford/

And I think this guy is bit too optimistic in saying it will start filming the the second half of 2020...

I see the summer of 2021 as being the earliest this can start shooting.

Edited by dudalb

Has there been no casting, like Collider claims, or has there simple been no casting news yet?

Not sure when Shia LeBeouf was announced, but Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt weren't announced until early June, less than two weeks before principal photography began. Karen Allen was kept a secret for a bit longer. So there not being any news about this wouldn't be much of an issue at all. However, if there hasn't been any casting at all yet, then it could get quite tough to start this spring or summer.

1 hour ago, George Parr said:

Has there been no casting, like Collider claims, or has there simple been no casting news yet?

Not sure when Shia LeBeouf was announced, but Cate Blanchett, Ray Winstone and John Hurt weren't announced until early June, less than two weeks before principal photography began. Karen Allen was kept a secret for a bit longer. So there not being any news about this wouldn't be much of an issue at all. However, if there hasn't been any casting at all yet, then it could get quite tough to start this spring or summer.

Lucasfilm sometimes keep secrets, they started production on Mandalorian without any announcement or cast set 

• Like 1

tbh- This is the reason I wasn't that shocked when Spielberg pushed Indy 5 back to do West Side Story first. The man knows how juggle multiple productions at one time and this way makes the most sense.

Unless they've decided to radically change WSS, it's not a movie that needs a lot of time in post production. When it wraps up this spring/summer, Spielberg will have already moved onto prepping/shooting Indy 5. 

• Like 1

https://www.heyuguys.com/harrison-ford-updates-indiana-jones-5/

“I don’t really want to give them what they want to see, I want to give them something they didn’t anticipate,” said Ford. “They are used to a degree of disappointment when you revisit. Certainly, the Marvel movies have made a spectacular example of a success of worked the other way around, they killed it! Well, we’re not going to make another Indiana Jones unless we are in a position to kill it. We want it to be the best. We’ve got some scheduling issues and a few script things to do but we are determined to get it right before we get it made.”

Something tells me that might be Coronavirus-related.

6 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Mangold is an upgrade. 

Lol although I think Mangold is a good replacement, this isn't an upgrade. If this was purely about the action sequences and spectacle (wouldn't mind if we got some action sequences like the one from Spielberg's own Tintin), I'd say James Wan would come close to an upgrade

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol although I think Mangold is a good replacement, this isn't an upgrade. 

When Mangold does something as good as "Schindler's List" or "Saving Private Ryan", let me know.

I like Mangold..loved "Ford vs Ferrari"..but is not yet in Spielberg's class as a director.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Lol although I think Mangold is a good replacement, this isn't an upgrade. If this was purely about the action sequences and spectacle (wouldn't mind if we got some action sequences like the one from Spielberg's own Tintin), I'd say James Wan would come close to an upgrade

Counterargument: which director has a project featuring the most beautiful man in the world and is the reason I get up every morning? That's what I thought

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

15 minutes ago, dudalb said:

When Mangold does something as good as "Schindler's List" or "Saving Private Ryan", let me know.

I like Mangold..loved "Ford vs Ferrari"..but is not yet in Spielberg's class as a director.

when Spielberg makes something as good as Saving Private Ryan or Schindler's list this century, let me know :ph34r:

Looks like Ford wasn't talking crazy when he mentioned this was shooting this year the other week. I'm guessing the Bob Dylan movie with Chalamet and that other movie reuniting Mangold with Damon are on the backburner for now if this is gonna be shooting this summer for a release next July.