Neo

Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | June 30 2023 | Very mixed reviews out of Cannes

Bradshaw's 3/5 puts it right in line with The Batman, Fantastic Beasts 3, Doctor Strange 2, Maverick, Thor 4, Black Adam, Wakanda Forever, Shazam 2, and Guardians 3. That's just the go-to number now for blockbusters.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Bradshaw's 3/5 puts it right in line with The Batman, Fantastic Beasts 3, Doctor Strange 2, Maverick, Thor 4, Black Adam, Wakanda Forever, Shazam 2, and Guardians 3. That's just the go-to number now for blockbusters.

Such a "sophisticated" critic and he really can't see the difference between those, can he? The difference between some of those titles is night and day.

Edited by Firepower

20 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

More important gave 4/5 to Thor 4. Taye Diggs Wow GIF by Bounce

On a serious note, they go negative on most blockbusters. A2 was also 1/5. That is ok. But seem to weirdly positive on some. They loved Indy 4. 

Anyway I am not seeing universal acclaim reading all the reviews. Seems retreading on the same path giving lots of cameos for nostalgia. So fans should like it. I am not excited at all as I posted earlier. But it should be fun movie to track. 

Robbie Collin has had a personality transplant I swear. Giving the thumbs down to everything he used to lap up. 

I also like Robbie even though I disagree with him often, I get a kick out of the way he expresses himself sometimes. I'll take him any day over the 'I cried when the thing from the old thing happened' type of reviewer that's so prevalent these days.

Edited by FilmFincher

2 minutes ago, FilmFincher said:

I also like Robbie even though I disagree with him often but I do get a kick out of the way he expresses himself sometimes. I'll take him any day over the 'I cried when the thing from the old thing happened' type of reviewer that's so prevalent these days.

He is definitely not Armond White. That guys's reviews was not even funny. 

Most of complains is about how the movie is afraid of doing anything different in order to please fans that hates Indy 4 

Wild to read that after many months of the same fans attacking this movie saying it would replace Indiana etc 

Once again it seems like Lucas Film is falling into a trap trying to please an audience that simply don’t want changes or progress. 

• Like 3