Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

23 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

WOM is incredible. IMAX screens in my city are completely sold out for today, almost sold out for tomorrow as well (12 out of 16 sell out and rest are all 90%+ sold out). 

Even the IMAX shows listed for Mon-Tue-wed are on their way to complete sell outs

Good indicator for the legs

Edited by fabiopazzo2

On 4/26/2018 at 8:27 AM, NamakFiskKa said:

The producers are screening the film only at Cinema Halls that are equipped with the DCI technology, which has restricted it from making optimum utilization of the screens in India. While the film is releasing all across in all major multiplex chains, it is the B and C centres where the film is not releasing on all screens.

@oMeriMombatti

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

Never seen anything like this in India ... it's even bigger than Baahubali 2 if we take seating capacity into consideration. Don't understand why it didn't release on more screens here ... could have broken OD record. Also with more screens it had more room to grow over weekend especially with the kind of WOM it has.

nah, it's not close to BB2...BB2 was something which I don't think will happen again in near future in India..how do you think Infinity War could've broken Baahubali2's record if given more screens? Baahubali2 opening day was roughly 150Cr INR whereas Avengers is around 40C INR...no movie will be crossing Baahubali2's opening day number in future unless the makers decide to make Baahubali3, which isn't happening anyways

IMAX 20/20 Fulls today. Same situation tomorrow as well with PS.

Monday as of now 8/20 fulls

Tuesday 7/20 fulls

3D version was pretty similar to day 1 except morning shows in handful no of plexes recorded 70-80%. PS looks very good for tomorrow in Bangalore.  242 HF shows today overall out of 250.

Single screens picked up very well. Traditional screens stayed flat by recording HF or similar occupancies. Non traditional showed real growth from matinee shows. 

• Astonished 1

Hyderabad had an IMAX screen called Prasads which was one of the largest in the world. But unfortunately their projection is not IMAX anymore. Its 3D only. Its a 650 seater and AIW has gone crazy here with 5 shows.

Friday to Tuesday (5 days) 25/25 fulls with record breaking PS. Wednesday already has 1/5 fulls rest of shows being 80-90% full.

650*5days=3250 people watch AIW per day at this plex. 

Since 5 days are completely sold out. By "Tuesday Night" 16250 people would have watched AIW in this screen alone!

Chennai

Day 2 was similar to day 1 with most of the shows going full like Bangalore barring few. Day 3 looks very strong with morning to evening all of them are either full or almost full. Night shows usually take a hit but AIW is an exception as it has strong PS.

Chennai has 1 IMAX screen. 15/15 fulls (Fri-Sun) 

Monday - 4/4 fulls

Tuesday - 1/5 fulls

Wednesday and Thursday 70-80% full already.

• Like 1

12m dollars in 2 days :ohmygod:

It did in 2 days what Civil War, Spiderman, etc did in their entire runs

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Like 4

I tried catching this in IMAX 3d, but all fucking shows are sold out till next weekend. Even normal 3d shows are almost full or sold out for th enext couple of days. Got lucky today and got 2 seats for normal showing. Never witnessed something like this for a hollywood film in Noida/NCR. 

• Like 1

Will this means the indian market is now becoming more and more open to hollywood films?

Indian box office always get me confused with their net and rental crore, in different local languages from various region....I really need some Indian market expert to explain all those difference.... I always feel we understate the greatness of indian market because the market is still adopting studio/distribution divide.(just like japan pre-2000) 

Like just how much baahubali 2 earned in india alone? 17b INR meaning USD250m+ but mojo stated USD110m only...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Will this means the indian market is now becoming more and more open to hollywood films?

Indian box office always get me confused with their net and rental crore, in different local languages from various region....I really need some Indian market expert to explain all those difference.... I always feel we understate the greatness of indian market because the market is still adopting studio/distribution divide.(just like japan pre-2000) 

Like just how much baahubali 2 earned in india alone? 17b INR meaning USD250m+ but mojo stated USD110m only...

BB2 is a Telugu film which released in Hindi, Tamil and Malayalam. Mojo is reporting only Hindi version gross which is around 110m....700cr+. 

If you include Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam these 3 versions add 104m while it grossed 36m from OS markets (all languages).

So Indian figs are as follows:

Hindi - 110M

Telugu - 60M

Tamil - 30M

Malayalam - 14M

BB2 official figure currently shud have increased a bit more OS as it released in quite a few markets like Japan. 

Yes there is always confusion with Indian BO collections.

Hindi - Mostly Nett

Tamil - Gross

Telugu - Share

Malayalam - Gross

Indian Market is bigger than we think Average Ticket Prices are less due to which grosses tend to look small but if u consider footfalls then you will get the real picture. 

• Like 2

AIW held well in Bangalore today. 

Morning  shows were weak but there was real growth from matinee shows most of the shows are recording fulls. PS looks very good for evening and night shows. 

Im watching AIW today night show (10pm). Booked it yesterday. Hardly 10-15 seats were booked but now its 90% full already. 

IMAX 20/20 fulls today as well.

4DX shows 4/4 fulls.