druv10

Weekend Estimates: One Direction-17M, Butler-14.74M, WTM-12.61M

• Founder / Operator

Man of Steel, World War Z and Star Trek expanded?

Aye, MoS is basically in its dollar theater run (plus Regal showing it on RPX for one more week). WWZ was expanded to get it over $200m domestic, while Trek (presumably) is targeting $230m before its run ends soon.

Aye, MoS is basically in its dollar theater run (plus Regal showing it on RPX for one more week). WWZ was expanded to get it over $200m domestic, while Trek (presumably) is targeting $230m before its run ends soon.

I see still pretty good news for all 3 films.

• Like 2

Any numbers for MU, STiD and WWZ?

Nope. Disney didn't report MU, and I think Paramount's offices are closed until Tuesday so they haven't reported anything today.

So we won't get any numbers for the 3 most interesting things of the weekend until Tuesday <_<

• Like 2

• Founder / Operator

How's that number for The World's End?

Pretty solid, actually. It's on pace to drop 42-45% for the 3-day. Considering the film and its fan base, that's a good drop. Pegg/Frost movies tend to hold well compared to...

What is wrong with Kick Ass 2, two consecutive weekends with 60% drops?

that.  ;)

Edited by ShawnMR
  • Like 1

I predicted a small one on the way to a 4X multiplier. :(

I'm not surprised. It seems to be getting a mixed reaction in the U.S.If it had been given a wider release, and opened with even more, I wouldn't be surprised if it cinemascore was a B-, and not a B+ (not that I really care).

Edit: Maybe it's won't have such a big drop for the weekend. Still WOM seems to be mixed.

Edited by Boxofficefanatic