DoctorWho

True Detective

damn for a sec i thought they were both going to bite the dust WTF!!!

i was completely puzzled by the character with the scars, was he schizophrenic ? clearly cuckoo...

The scar guy was molested and tortured when he was young, there is a clear line in the finale where he says something like "I will do to every children of men, what they did to me".

Thats just 1 part of the story....the cult may have been even using him to do just acts.

But that was out of Rust and Marty's reach, they only could find this particular guy who was doing the most damage in their area and capture/eliminate him.

Ladyevenstar22, please, use capital letters and comas - you are writting valid things, but sometimes is just hard to read them.And I jsut finished the show, and what a show it was. Great, brilliant, and any superlative you can think of. Beautiful ending. And I loved that they didn't crushed whole Tuttles' Yellow King cult.

TRUE DETECTIVE HBOM 9:02 PM 3521 1.6

True Detective ended with 3.5 million viewers for its final episode... way higher than the 2.3 million it got from the premiere

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/03/11/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-wins-night-talking-dead-the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-true-detective-more/243520/

• Like 1

Apart from (and this is a big part) the fact that the source of darkness was a stereotypical, deranged, white-trash hillbilly, I thought it was a beautiful final episode. Now I didn't expect nor want them to go all Cthulhu on us, but the Texas Chainsaw Massacre villain felt a bit like a pat answer to me. But I did like the fact that the Marty & Rust relationship was the main focal point throughout, and that they didn't overplot the episode by trying to answer every damn thing.

• Like 1

Still have to watch the last three episodes of this. I heard they're considering (or it's rumored at least) Brad Pitt for the next season. Now that would be something.

Also, I never understood how the Emmy's/Golden Globe's worked when it came to TV shows. Don't they nominate TV shows that are currently running? Do they just consider ones that have already finishes. That means next year we should see True Detective since we didn't see it this year, right? 

Edited by ChD

Still have to watch the last three episodes of this. I heard they're considering (or it's rumored at least) Brad Pitt for the next season. Now that would be something.Also, I never understood how the Emmy's/Golden Globe's worked when it came to TV shows. Don't they nominate TV shows that are currently running? Do they just consider ones that have already finishes. That means next year we should see True Detective since we didn't see it this year, right?

I think the Brad Pitt rumor was just denied by HBO somewhere.

according to deadline this is competing in drama at the emmys and not miniseries like most people thought. 

mcconaughey's totally winning that emmy over cranston. first the leo fans had their claws out for him and now it's gonna be the bb fans.

Edited by CoolioD1

McConaughey's two best performances recently weren't even the ones that got him the Oscar. He was incredible in both True Detective and Wolf of Wall Street (STOLE the movie with 5 minutes of screentime).

I am only 3 seasons into Breaking Bad, so I can't judge Cranston's work in the most recent season. He has been awesome so far in the first three seasons and I assume that quality continues in Seasons 4/5. It's pretty close between Walter White and Rust Cohle for me. Tough to choose.

McConaughey's two best performances recently weren't even the ones that got him the Oscar. He was incredible in both True Detective and Wolf of Wall Street (STOLE the movie with 5 minutes of screentime).

I am only 3 seasons into Breaking Bad, so I can't judge Cranston's work in the most recent season. He has been awesome so far in the first three seasons and I assume that quality continues in Seasons 4/5. It's pretty close between Walter White and Rust Cohle for me. Tough to choose.

As far as acting goes, Cranston's performance was at its most impressive in Season 4 (not to take away from how terrific he was in S5), which oddly enough would be the only season he didn't get a win for in the even that he won this year.

Strange move from HBO to be sure. McConaughey vs Cranston is going to be a cosmic battle for the ages (I myself go Cranston). Drama could go either way (FIRMLY behind BB here). If they really do put Harrelson in Supporting, he's going to get creamed by Paul who did his best work and pretty much stole the entire show this last season of BrBa. Writing and directing could both go either way. Johnson vs whoever directed S4 of TD will be brutal.