#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

Not surprised with Runner, Runner. Hollywood has been trying to make both Affleck and Timberlake movie stars for awhile now and it just  isnt happening. Its a dumb move on Affleck's part starring in these fluffy films when he just won an Oscar and seems to finally be taken seriously as a filmmaker. The Batman role will also be a flop, he's lucky that its an ensemble piece not solely dependent on him. The public does not care for either of these two as leading men, as their box office record shows. 

Affleck filmed Runner Runner before Argo swept award season, though the Batman thing, still don't get that move for him. But movies aren't like TV, Runner Runner was filmed more than a year ago, before Affleck won a bunch of directing awards and an Oscar for Best Picture, while Timberlake hadn't made his musical comeback yet.

Edited by BoxOfficeChica

If anyone thinks Batman Vs Superman will fail, then perhaps box office just isn't their game.  .

That's all.

Edited by baumer
  • Like 4

If anyone thinks Batman Vs Superman will fail, then perhaps box office just isn't their game.  .

That's all.

I didnt say it would fail, obviously it wont. Just that Affleck in the role doesn't make a difference. Movie audiences aren't going to see the movie for him. 

. Just that Affleck in the role doesn't make a difference. Movie audiences aren't going to see the movie for him. 

No they are going to see the film for Batman and Superman sharing a film.

I could have been cast as Batman and it would still be a draw in this one instance as the novelty of seeing arguably the two biggest superheroes together on screen is a bigger event that any two actors who happen to be playing them.

• Like 1

personally i'm waiting for 12YAS , but very happy for sandy and georgie , and cuaron makes good films

as for RR , i love ben but i hate timberlake more 

i never liked him as a singer , throwback to boy bands fan wars , don't listen to his songs and will never watch any films he plays in , not even for free!