#ED

Weekend Estimates: Gravity - 55.5M; CWACM - $21.5M ;RR - 7.6M;

Unless there is some kind of sexual favour after. That would complete the night.

Very true, but certainly not in my present company as it is family. But I will be satisfied if Santana/New York can arrange for Claire Holt. Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

As someone who was never been drunk does shitty food taste better when you are drunk?

The food tastes better, the people look better, your jokes are funnier. The world is your oyster

• Like 2

The food tastes better, the people look better, your jokes are funnier. The world is your oyster

Everything is better. Even Gravity gets more intense when you're drunk.

Honestly, I get a bit of anxiety when drinking, my heart rate picks up a bit when I'm drunk and I'm not particularly fond of that feeling. I'd probably panic and throw up at some point during Gravity if drunk and wearing 3D glasses

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Those of you who have seen Gravity which I hope to see soon, how's the story? No spoilers but is it something that will hold up when it's on HBO?

It's very simple, but efficient. No fluff, no fat, no pointless storylines going on. That's part of what makes it refreshing.

Those of you who have seen Gravity which I hope to see soon, how's the story? No spoilers but is it something that will hold up when it's on HBO?

It will hold up on HBO, but it is a movie meant to be seen on the big screen in 3D. That is part of the marvel for the film. This is both a good thing and a bad thing.

Post-Mortem:

Very entertaining, very thrilling, a total technical beast of an adrenaline roller coaster.

But those people screaming "SaBu for OSCAR!" *cough*Futurist*cough* need to be quiet, because the acting is fine and serviceable and fits within the film but it's nothing remotely near the yearly elite. Bullock and Clooney do very well but this is not a movie about the actors acting for the gold, but about the instrinsic, instinctual, primal fight for survival amidst a technological catastrophe and simply being in an adrenaline rush and panting and breathing and yelping is not a ticket to the podium. This is just me assaulting the Oscar crazies, in no means a slight on the film, which is terrific pure popcorn entertainment. 

My two quibbles of note with the film is that some of the emotional bits in the second half are too forced in. To steal from another Ed Harris space disaster movie, Gravity tries very hard to fit some emotional square pegs into character round holes, and while it manages it, it causes some grating. Also the music in the final sequence gets far far too loud to the point it drowns itself out and you can't appreciate it.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1