Olive

Captain America: The Winter Soldier ( More than $700M WW, Huge Success!)

Olive, just wondering -  I noticed on Rentrak that Cap2 at it's widest was being tracked by Disney in 56 countries a opposed to TDW's 72 (Divergent was also in the 70s).  Does that mean it opened in fewer territories or that Disney just isn't breaking down all those countries specifically and just lumping their totals later and putting them under the weekly totals?

You are right Tower, that's not true. According to BOM, as of last Sunday TWS was already beating TDW's final tally in China, Ecuador, Hong Kong, India, Israel, Mexico, South Korea, Thailand, United Arabs Emirates, Uruguay and Viet Nam. More markets will be added to this list tomorrow and at the end of next weekend  :P

This week's new additions to the club: Japan, Venezuela and the UK  :ca:

• Like 1

Chugging along in Brazil and UK. Both will probably be running on fumes once Godzilla comes out this week.

Ah ok thanks! It has made more than enough overseas. But I'm being greedy.

• Like 1

#CaptainAmerica #WinterSoldier may pass $700M as early as tonight. #1 film of 2014. Intl led by stellar $116M+ from China

The last milestone :(   but still an impressive run for Cap. Hope it remains Top 5 best grossing movies of 2014. Now, I'm more excited for Cap 3 than AOU :D

Edited by Brianwest92
  • Like 6

I think it's safe to say that Cap 2 will reach $257M in NA. In a worst-case scenario, it will only get to $455M outside NA. TASM 2 might manage to cross the $200M mark in NA, so say $202M.

257 - 202 = 55

455 + 55 = 510

TASM 2 needs $510M outside NA to surpass Cap 2 WW. It is currently at $489M and made $11.2M this weekend. The drop from last weekend was -66%. With such a precipitous drop, I think it cannot reach $510M, especially since Edge of Tomorrow and Maleficent will cause further decrease in screen and theater counts in many countries. So, Cap 2 will likely stay ahead, although it remains to be seen whether X-Men:DOFP has a shot at surpassing it or not.

Edited by Quigley