John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

I think most likely it will do over 400.  I'll say $475 million.  With a healthy $275m domestic it'll be right around 2012's spiderman.  In some ways the trailers make this one look like a get-the-team-together movie, so if they have a really good looking villain for 2016's movie then that one could go big-big with a B.

movie has massive overseas competition. Not just from Godzilla which opens a week before but both Maleficent and Edge of Tomorrow open the week after

I'm expecting those movies to sucker punch DOFP$450m OS

I think this one will do well OS. 3D bump factor, which will help boost its BO internationally comparing to other X-movies. And looks like the movie has some big spectacle in action as well that will appeal to OS audience. I see 400M+ for it OS.

• Like 1

I am not sure about these 450m predictions. It would need to attract really significant amount of new viewers to the series

I can see it doing Cap numbers OS. If Captain America can do it....

movie has massive overseas competition. Not just from Godzilla which opens a week before but both Maleficent and Edge of Tomorrow open the week after

Gah this is nothing. Maleficent will be big in certain markets. EOT should be just a small movie which will be impacted by DOFP than otherwise. Godzilla is opening before and I think both can co-exist. For example DOFP is getting better release date than even CA2 in china and Godzilla is not opening till mid june. Plus fox is so confident that they are doing premiers globally in several countries will before release.

I am hoping this better the crappy TASM2 globally.

• Like 1

This will land in the 450-500 mill area..I have zero doubt. When compare charts are made it should be with movies like TASM2,Cap2 and Thor2.Not other X-Men movies

• Like 4

This will land in the 450-500 mill area..I have zero doubt. When compare charts are made it should be with movies like TASM2,Cap2 and Thor2.Not other X-Men movies

• Like 2

250M DOM

550M OS

800M WW

This is not your typical X-Men film. It has the older characters, their younger versions and the wolverine, all of them. It is going to play on a whole another level. This has an amazingly badass ensemble of characters, second probably only to Avengers. And the reviews look spectacular as well. The sky is the limit for this one. I won't be surprised if it does a Billion.

• Like 4