John Marston

X-Men: Days of Future Past OS thread

Cinedirectors is predicting 1.2M for 1st week. Normally their numbers come only after they have 2PM numbers and so I am hoping its big.

Me to. Its just that it opend last night so i thought we would have heard something allready..

250M DOM

550M OS

800M WW

This is not your typical X-Men film. It has the older characters, their younger versions and the wolverine, all of them. It is going to play on a whole another level. This has an amazingly badass ensemble of characters, second probably only to Avengers. And the reviews look spectacular as well. The sky is the limit for this one. I won't be surprised if it does a Billion.

Sure, it's not and i beleive it will gross higher than any previous Xmen but  $550M overseas is extremely difficult to do for any movie...it's high popularity in every single market.  That's some Harry Potter, TASM1 and FF7 territory.

I don't see it pulling that kinda of universal high popularity even with spectacular reviews.

I think Maleficient will break out bad and may diminish its potential gross prematurely..  

I have been seeing huge posters after huge posters, trailer after trailer, TV clips  after TV clips for more than a month now and in my theater, it's the only one that huge above any other while DOFP is barely noticeable.  

I have looked at the numbers of seats for DOFP of and it was 1/5 full, 10 minutes before the movie at 4 pm while the next session, an hour later had only a dozen of places taken with more than 500 still available.

The only ad campaign that was as huge as Maleficent was for TASM2. Disney has been pulling all the plugs with that movie and with Jolie's face, it could be severly lethal.  

I think it will play the trouble maker for a lot of recent releases and drive families, young and old alike.

Edited by Ent

I think Maleficient will break out bad and may diminish its potential gross prematurely..   I have been seeing huge posters after huge posters, trailer after trailer, TV clips  after TV clips for more than a month now and in my theater, it's the only one that huge above any other while DOFP is barely noticeable.   I have looked at the numbers of seats for DOFP of and it was 1/5 full, 10 minutes before the movie at 4 pm while the next session, an hour later had only a dozen of places taken with more than 500 still available. The only ad campaign that was as huge as Maleficent was for TASM2. Disney has been pulling all the plugs with that movie and with Jolie's face, it could be severly lethal.    I think it will play the trouble maker for a lot of recent releases and drive families, young and old alike.

The fact that Maleficent and Edge of Tom Cruise is coming out on the same day in some markets could hurt this movie. I also see Maleficent being HUGE OS
  • Like 1

I think Maleficient will break out bad and may diminish its potential gross prematurely..  

I have been seeing huge posters after huge posters, trailer after trailer, TV clips  after TV clips for more than a month now and in my theater, it's the only one that huge above any other while DOFP is barely noticeable.  

I have looked at the numbers of seats for DOFP of and it was 1/5 full, 10 minutes before the movie at 4 pm while the next session, an hour later had only a dozen of places taken with more than 500 still available.

The only ad campaign that was as huge as Maleficent was for TASM2. Disney has been pulling all the plugs with that movie and with Jolie's face, it could be severly lethal.  

I think it will play the trouble maker for a lot of recent releases and drive families, young and old alike.

I can live with it not doing well in belgium. it seems to be doing great in all big markets released so far. Plus like most SH movies its main driver will be Asia/LA.

On X-Men being front loaded, this is the 1st major XMen movie that is poised to break out in OS markets. I am sure it will do ok.

450M for sure. Its beating CA2 in all the reported countries.

Hope it will beat CA2 but CA2 had great legs so that will be a harsh task, but I believe in DOTFP, atleast it WoM is as great as that of CA2.

Finally got to see X-men: Days of Future past today. I was surprised by how dark the film was in tone (especially in the future scenes) but I felt it added an extra layer of complexity to the characters which I thought was great. Loved maximoff, great cast :) I think I'll have to see it again because it's one of those films that require it to properly process it. The running time felt a bit long to be truthful I'll have to see if that bothers me as much next time round. Hope this does well worldwide