baumer

Possible Friday #s from boxoffice.com

I think Ender's Game marketing has been more saturated than most on this board tend to say- I see a ton of ads for it during games and the couple of shows I actually watch

there are ads, the problem is are the ads effective? A lot complain that the ads make the film look uninteresting or don't explain what the movie is about

there are ads, the problem is are the ads effective? A lot complain that the ads make the film look uninteresting or don't explain what the movie is about

Exactly. Disney is a marketing powerhouse and they advertised the shit out of TLR and JC and look what happened to them. The amount of advertising isn't important, it's about whether it's effective.

Disney often spends 100-150M on marketing and Lionsgate spent 40M marketing THG and they did a really great job with it.  

Ender's Game either isn't a good film or they have no idea how to market it because it doesn't look very appealing IMO. 

Edited by Magic

No clue what's Enders Game is but it sounds like a bad movie.

:lol:

I love it when even hardcore movie fans on a box office forum have no idea about a movie coming out that weekend. Tells it all really. Awareness must be pretty poor. 

Edited by Magic

This thread kind of shows how important Nikki and her ramblings are to this site. A Friday thread has barely 3 pages thanks to no actual numbers being available.

Next week will be fun with all the wild mass guessing going on since no actual numbers will be coming in from Deadline. 

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

He's been around. I kind of thought he might pop in this thread tonight, hopefully he'll be here next Friday and 2 weeks after that.

He has to be here early for Thor and Katniss :rulez:

• Like 2