baumer

Possible Friday #s from boxoffice.com

Ender's Game is trending on twitter and not the promoted kind, didn't expect that. I hope it comes near to $30million.

Yikes for Free Birds, so I guess Escape from Planet Earth numbers in the end? Budget is just $35 million so won't be a big money loser like Turbo

Turbo isn't a big money loser.

There's no one to give us the numbers.....that's the problem.

Unfortunately, we lost the queen and Rth has no obligation but he has been posting numbers lately so hopefully, he may post numbers next weekend for Thor and 2 weeks later for CF.  :)

• Like 1

It's a rather unusual movie in that Digital Domain is a co-producer/financier as well as being the VFX house.

So they were basically able to buy their special effects at cost? Any idea how much this would actually save them? Normally "at cost" means spending half the money, but my understanding is that studios tend to lowball VFX firms horrendously, so the savings could be quite a bit less.

Also, what proportion of the budget of a movie like this goes to special effects? I'd assume a pretty big one, but does anyone have any figures?