Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Well, I hope they don't ditch the idea of

undoing how ST 2009 screwed up most of the franchise's continuity.

I don't care for the rest. But I hope they finally hire someone who 'gets' Star Trek and who has a vision of where to take the franchise from now on.

Actually, the end of the JJ Abrams/Orci era is a very good thing.

Edited by The47th

I have no doubt Wright could handle a blockbuster. His previous work shows he understands tone and set pieces at the same time. Half the reason his movies are funny is basically because they are so well made. The filmmaking is touch notch. 

I'm not sure if he would want to jump on a sequel though. 

• Like 6

I have no doubt Wright could handle a blockbuster. His previous work shows he understands tone and set pieces at the same time. Half the reason his movies are funny is basically because they are so well made. The filmmaking is touch notch. 

I'm not sure if he would want to jump on a sequel though. 

Wright making a Star Trek sequel would be certainly be interesting, but first I'd probably prefer if he made his own attempt an original blockbuster.

Edited by Saintarcher
  • Like 2

I would be happy with that. He did a good job with First Contact and Insurrection (however irrelevant the story of the latter might be). My biggest fear is that his style may be too classic for a series of films that are still fighting to reinvent and modernize the franchise.

But I would definitely be on board.