Neo

Star Trek Beyond | 7.22.2016 | Not an Oscar winner.

Just watched Star Trek: The Motion Picture for the 2nd time and I enjoyed it way more. Solid film, it handles some deep themes too and the score is straight up next level. 

Goldsmith's score for TMP is so good, that Roddenberry reused his main theme as the theme for TNG. Legendary!

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 8

Every Star Trek has an excellent musical score. But the standouts to me are Star Trek:TMP, Star Trek II, Star Trek VI and Trek 09. Honorable mentions would be III and First Contact.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

Honestly, the weakest is Generations, and even that one isn't that bad. That shows how good the scores for these movies are.

I even like Leonard Rosenman's score for Star Trek IV, it somehow fits the kind of film that is.

The music for the crash of the Enterprise is one of my favorites in the series. But yes, the only issue I see is a lot of the music sounds too much like I'm watching a 2 hour television special rather than a big budget film. Dennis McCarthy was brought in from TNG TV series to do the film.

Haven't the Borg been around adding the biological and technological distinctiveness of other species to their own since forever?  They should eventually make Kirk and Spock go up against the Borg.  And if that makes old guard Star Trek nerds mad, good.

• Like 1